Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

My grandad was Scottish but if I was a good player with the chance to play for Scotland it would be ridiculous. Feel nothing for Scotland and have had one day I there in my life.

Yes you feel like that which is fair enough and why players such as Kevin Nolan and Mark Noble have turned down the chance to play for Ireland in the past. Some people do feel a strong family connection to the country of their parents/grandparents though

My grandad was Scottish but if I was a good player with the chance to play for Scotland it would be ridiculous. Feel nothing for Scotland and have had one day I there in my life.

Yes you feel like that which is fair enough and why players such as Kevin Nolan and Mark Noble have turned down the chance to play for Ireland in the past. Some people do feel a strong family connection to the country of their parents/grandparents though

Genuinely not trying to troll here.  But do you not think the large majority of players that are eligible for both.  Are picking teams like Wales, Ireland, Scotland etc.  Because they're clearly not good enough to play for England?

I mean, Rob Elliot was your second choice keeper, until his knee went, wasn't he? 

Genuinely not trying to troll here.  But do you not think the large majority of players that are eligible for both.  Are picking teams like Wales, Ireland, Scotland etc.  Because they're clearly not good enough to play for England?

I mean, Rob Elliot was your second choice keeper, until his knee went, wasn't he?

Well yes the majority are, but the majority do also feel some connection to the country they declare for. There are some, like Kevin Kilbane who grew up in England but always thought of himself as Irish. Jack Grealish is another example of someone who felt Irish and English in almost equal measure, it took him a long time to decide who he wanted to play for and it was highly thought of that his agent wanting him to pay for England due to more sponsorship and endorsement opportunities was a big factor in his decision. The ones who grow up in Irish communities, playing GAA like Grealish and the boxer Matthew Macklin are going to feel a strong connection to Ireland. Steven Reid is another who felt more Irish than English

In tournaments you have to take a certain amount of risks. A fit Wilshire on form is by far and away more creative than any of our other cms (Alli apart who isn't quite as good on the ball in tight situations imo) so he has to go.

It isn't about who's done more to 'deserve' it in the previous season, it's about who gives you the best chance in the tournament, as harsh as that is on those that miss out.

Croatia playing San Marino at home in their final warmup game tonight :lol: May as well do an intra-squad friendly. Presume they want to get their confidence up

It's ridiculous game. Don't know what's the purpose of it. 10-0 up atm

Croatia playing San Marino at home in their final warmup game tonight :lol: May as well do an intra-squad friendly. Presume they want to get their confidence up

It's ridiculous game. Don't know what's the purpose of it. 10-0 up atm

Record win before this was 7-0 so maybe they thought it was about time they broke it :D