Lee Charnley

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, Justin Barnes and Keith Bishop are the ones to go after. Charnley's a stooge and going after him would be a pointless waste of time.

Guest firetotheworks

Agreed, but I'd argue that a Charnley replacement wouldn't make any difference, whereas a Pardew replacement was essential for our overall progress.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the bigger picture with it, or that any disruption is good, but I don't know how going after Charnley would change anything.

If I remember right one of the secondary aims of the Pardew campaign was to disrupt the cosy setup that had emerged at the club, setting the scene to go after Ashley once Pards was toast. I would argue that doing something similar with Charnley (and Barnes) could have a similarly destabilising effect.

Even just making everyone's life uncomfortable in general sends pressure to the top, which is what the current social media campaigns are doing (albeit to people who probably don't deserve shit in their day-to-day life).

Charnley and Barnes are complicit at the very highest level, not running NUFC's Twitter account.

I dislike Charnley as much as anyone, but getting rid of him probably just puts Barnes in charge.

What difference would that make to things, you reckon? As of Rafa's comments last night it's fairly clear he's given up on Charnley, having always been careful to speak well of him in the past.

Guest firetotheworks

Charnley surely has to be being paid by some other (dodgy) means? A salary of £115K when the average is £1M+ in the PL?

£115k is great for both parties. Ashley gets to spend less, Charley gets paid far more than he's worth as he's completely unqualified. Similar to Pardew, he'll not get another job like it.

Charnley surely has to be being paid by some other (dodgy) means? A salary of £115K when the average is £1M+ in the PL?

£115k is great for both parties. Ashley gets to spend less, Charley gets paid far more than he's worth as he's completely unqualified. Similar to Pardew, he'll not get another job like it.

Also waived his bonus though, which is interesting. Just find it very odd for such a high profile position he's being pretty severely underpaid, compared to his counterparts. There has to be something else going on?

Guest firetotheworks

Also waived his bonus though, which is interesting. Just find it very odd for such a high profile position he's being pretty severely underpaid, compared to his counterparts. There has to be something else going on?

His counterparts are qualified to do the job though. Not saying everything's definitely above board because I wouldn't have a clue either way, but my perception is just the above really. He's getting paid more than he'll get anywhere else and Ashley's paying less than he would if he had to employ someone that's qualified.

I'm with Rich (apart from the weird sex tip).  Go for Charnley, Barnes and Bishop as well as FMA and his companies.  Make their professional lives as difficult and uncomfortable as possible.

His counterparts are qualified to do the job though. Not saying everything's definitely above board because I wouldn't have a clue either way, but my perception is just the above really. He's getting paid more than he'll get anywhere else and Ashley's paying less than he would if he had to employ someone that's qualified.

Been around at the club since the days of Shepherd though, and has been MD since 2014, so you'd have to argue he'd have experience. Just seems really odd to me that's all. As you say, probably just a lackey with no real power and is paid as such...

Guest chopey

For Charnley to allow himself to be paid a pittance compared to his peers speaks volumes for his character, he's a doormat that knows his place.

The amount of apologists for this cunt on here is staggering he is part of the problem he's an absolute subservient cunt and if he was any kind of man with principles values and morals hed quit and not want to work in that position under them restraints and conditions

But oh no he's buried so far up Ashley's arse it's unreal. Fuck this little ba ld headed incompetent atsehole. He is just another of the club's hierarchy  I'd happily see swinging from a rope from the Tyne bridge

Shows how severely underqualified he is no other managing director of a Premier League club would get out of bed for what Charnley is earning yet he's happy to earn that. He's a glorified ticket office clerk...So out of his depth it's unreal.

charnley's life did get uncomforatble and they had to move out of newcastle last year.

he is absolute doormat though - has no say or control himself at all.

he's been told to do whatever barnes tells him to. no arguing.

charnley's life did get uncomforatble and they had to move out of newcastle last year.

The cunt obviously has zero self respect or pride and is content being a spineless yes man. These are the absolute worst specimens of  humans I've encountered in the workplace

I would like more details on this, it makes me happy

Guest Howaythetoon

Everyone outside of the coaches and players should be targeted because they are all responsible and accountable for the shambles that our club is away from the dugout and pitch. Charnley and Barnes and anyone else should be targeted and held accountable. Don’t feel sorry for him or believe he is some nice guy, the man is a cunt and deserves flack.

He only moved out after the HMRC raid on his house.

already made plans prior to that.

already made plans prior to that.

I have no sympathy for him. He could get a well-paid job at other companies where he would be in a role where he has the ability to do what is required whilst also not being in a charge of a multi-million-pound football club which is essentially a global company. He could have a good reputation, a very good salary, and his self-respect. He has given that up time and time again, everyone knows he's not pulling the strings but he keeps trying to convince people he is. His wife has to back him up to her colleagues at work by saying he's not in charge at the club. What respect does he have? He deserves to be hit with every stick the fans attack him with.