Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 1

Rich

A journalist on Talksport comparing our wage bill (£64m) with Man City (£233m) and saying City didn't win anything last year - again missing the point.

Wonder if he is  comparing our wage bill with  last season F.A cup winners Wigan.

Guest neesy111

A journalist on Talksport comparing our wage bill (£64m) with Man City (£233m) and saying City didn't win anything last year - again missing the point.

Wonder if he is  comparing our wage bill with  last season F.A cup winners Wigan.

Good point.

Des Kelly on Talksport tearing Pardew apart especially his soft interview on Sky last night and the pundity from Neville and co.

Going on about their performances are unforgivable and losing Cabaye is no excuse because other clubs cope and that we have good players who should be doing better.

Jordan's banner makes the back page of tomorrow's Express: https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/460901372016459776/photo/1

Well done Jordan and the others who held up their banners and cards, but the protests were muted vocally and until that changes, Pardew stays.

Completely true. He'll probably think it's a small minority at this point.

Protests were loud, clear and relatively constant in the away end, were they not loud on the tv? (Seriously question, just read this back and it sound like I'm being an arsehole)

The game at Stoke there was no mistaking it, the protests from that game came through loud and clear. Maybe the fans were situated closer to the mics.

Jordan's banner makes the back page of tomorrow's Express: https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/460901372016459776/photo/1

Well done Jordan and the others who held up their banners and cards, but the protests were muted vocally and until that changes, Pardew stays.

Protests were loud, clear and relatively constant in the away end, were they not loud on the tv? (Seriously question, just read this back and it sound like I'm being an arsehole)

The game at Stoke there was no mistaking it, the protests from that game came through loud and clear. Maybe the fans were situated closer to the mics.

I wouldn't say the anti-Pards chants were deafening throughout the match (I still think people (including myself) find it very hard to strike a balance between supporting the team but abusing Pardew), but they were consistent throughout and got more and more frequent in the second half.

It was a slightly strange atmosphere as I think a lot of people were waiting for a hammering before they started abusing Pardew.

I wouldn't say the anti-Pards chants were deafening throughout the match (I still think people (including myself) find it very hard to strike a balance between supporting the team but abusing Pardew), but they were consistent throughout and got more and more frequent in the second half.

It was a slightly strange atmosphere as I think a lot of people were waiting for a hammering before they started abusing Pardew.

Why would you want to support a team who are all on his side anyway?

Why would you want to support a team who are all on his side anyway?

Any evidence for that?

Well done again Jordan.

Be great if we could get an A4 template sign circulated via one of the local rags for people to print and take in. Stewarts couldn't confiscate hundreds of A4 pieces of paper. It's lo-tech but effective.

"It's not 'recent' bad form, Alan. 14 losses out of 19 isn't 'form'. You're just sh**."

Well done again Jordan.

Be great if we could get an A4 template sign circulated via one of the local rags for people to print and take in. Stewarts couldn't confiscate hundreds of A4 pieces of paper. It's lo-tech but effective.

"It's not 'recent' bad form, Alan. 14 losses out of 19 isn't 'form'. You're just sh**."

Tweet one of the journos they are lapping this up ATM.

Unless they are going to search everyone's pockets getting an A4 piece of paper into the ground won't be a problem

Its just dawned on me we played an offside trap without any pressure on the ball for large parts of the game...

No wonder going back to basics didn't work out so well for us, Pardle doesn't even know what the basics are.

Well done again Jordan.

Tweet one of the journos they are lapping this up ATM.

Unless they are going to search everyone's pockets getting an A4 piece of paper into the ground won't be a problem

Don't have/understand Twitter. :lol:

That banner was 30 quid well spent I see! Just got home and my facebook's gone crazy.

I wish I could get as much value for money, £30 for all of that publicity is a massive bargain and you've played a blinder.