N-O Fantasy World Cup 2014 - sbnufc wins! Rich second! Unbelievable third!

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

Can you change your captain within a round? So could I select a player as captain who's playing tonight and if he doesn't get big score, change captain to next player I have who's playing? I wouldn't be swapping any players out of team just switching captains.

You can switch the captaincy as long as your new captain hasn't played yet. Say, you have Jackson Martinez (he's Colombian) as captain and he doesn't do well, you could switch to Rooney for the next game.

Guest Geordiesned

Cheers LRD. So basically there's not a lot of point in the captain thing if you can change it. Simply select a player as captain who you have in your team who is playing on the first day; if he for instance scores 5 (meaning 10 points as captain) you can change the captaincy the next day as it's likely you'll get a player who scores higher. In fact you can change the captain several times until you get a player in that round who gets a high score. Ridiculous.

You can switch the captaincy between matches, it doesn't have to be the next day. Basically, it's finding the baseline score for a captain that you are satisfied with, or you will continue switching.

Guest Geordiesned

You can switch the captaincy between matches, it doesn't have to be the next day. Basically, it's finding the baseline score for a captain that you are satisfied with, or you will continue switching.

Yes got that. Would be better if you had to stick with one captain per round I reckon.

I'm going to move Pique out as he got a big fat duck egg this time. I have a honduran, two iranians and an algerian defender on the bench. How do I check what points they got in round 1 to aid my decision in which one goes in.

Yes got that. Would be better if you had to stick with one captain per round I reckon.

That's the way we were used to but I suppose it's the same for everyone here. I suspect having negative points in the other FFs played into the minds of many here, when in reality I don't think any player has below zero so far. :laugh:

Interesting regarding captaincy, I thought you could only change captain if he hadn't played yet?

I switched from Van Persie to Mandzukic after the Holland game last night. You just can't switch to anyone who's already started playing (so I had limited choice).

Guest Geordiesned

Interesting regarding captaincy, I thought you could only change captain if he hadn't played yet?

That's right. As long as they haven't played in that round of matches. So you're best off starting each round of games with the player you've got selected to play first as your captain and take from there as to whether you change captains after that game or not.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm going to move Pique out as he got a big fat duck egg this time. I have a honduran, two iranians and an algerian defender on the bench. How do I check what points they got in round 1 to aid my decision in which one goes in.

He has 0 as he is down as still playing, dont know what his score is yet

He didn't play at all, hence the zero.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: I didnt even notice. Shame the site doesnt realise yet mind

Guest Roger Kint

So do i put Pogba in(not guaranteed a game after the 1st one) or Bentaleb and hope he does something?

So do i put Pogba in(not guaranteed a game after the 1st one) or Bentaleb and hope he does something?

Eh? Put Pogba in then sub him out if he gets low/no points :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I thought they were both the same day :lol: I would forget to do it if i had to sit there

I thought they were both the same day :lol: I would forget to do it if i had to sit there

France on Friday at 8pm, Algeria on Sunday at 8pm :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

France on Friday at 8pm, Algeria on Sunday at 8pm :thup:

:thup: just looked, it was Honduras i was thinking of for some reason :lol:

Says my current score is 131

"Last round 97"

Add up the points I have this round (54) and add to that previous score: 151

I got 26 points from Manolas tonight. I'm thinking "ok maybe that's not added yet", so take it from my proposed total score. 151-26: 125

Where the fuck has this 131 come from  :lol: