Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

Wonga should be forced to not only refund the money to their victims, err customers, they should be forced to pay the refunds at the same interest rates that they charge, from the day they overcharged to the day they make the refund. 

Could hardly drop them and yet continue to flog the name of SportsDirect just because one of Wonga's activities was acted upon by the powers that be whilst the zero hour contracts, sweat shops, illegal use of the term sale and clear monopolising that SportsDirect are up to continues. But if people have to wait until the elite make a punishable case before deciding something is wrong then so be it.

Given that these fake solicitors shenanigans were ended over 4 years ago, I'd say the revelation doesn't make them any more or less suitable to sponsor us now. Still a shabby shambles of a company mind- not surprising Ashley sees something in them he likes. Must be like looking in a big fucking mirror.

You can piss off with the WUM stuff, presumably just because I think the majority of financial institutions are susceptible to being crooked, rather than just plough in and whale on Wonga.

I notice the student loan company has been flagged up for doing the same shit now.

Phew, that's OK then.  Glad we found someone else who sends fake letters and can rest easy being sponsored by a company that preys on the poor, whose business model would be illegal in pretty much all the rest of the western world, and who get 50% of their profits from fines and charges - ie run a business which would be entirely unsustainable if they loaned money to people who are actually able to pay it back on time.

Wonga are a worse class of bastards than most in an industry populated by its fair share, and also scummier than most of the characters who are in the game of sponsoring football teams.  This is why they get more shit than most.  Some of the hand wringing over their unfair treatment reminds me of the whole Suarez thing, bringing up Shearer stamping on someone 10 years ago as if everyone does this type of thing and it's so unfair people 'whaling' on Luis.

Aside from anything else, their business is so dubious that a swipe of the pen in Westminster could completely cripple them by closing the loopholes they operate through and subjecting their industry to proper regulation.  Which is not a particularly desirable trait for a long term sponsor to have.

It's a shame that only the "top" clubs seem to get sponsorships from reputable big-name companies anymore while most others have to rely on dodgy loan sharks or gambling sites. You'd hope it would be worth more to be a shirt sponsor for a Newcastle or a Southampton as opposed to being a random sponsor who barely shows up anywhere for Man U or Chelsea, but I guess that's not the case.

If the Premier League had any intention of "protecting their brand" they'd put some sort of restriction on what companies could shirt sponsor clubs, but clearly they haven't got the power to do so.

You can piss off with the WUM stuff, presumably just because I think the majority of financial institutions are susceptible to being crooked, rather than just plough in and whale on Wonga.

I notice the student loan company has been flagged up for doing the same shit now.

You are a WUM, though. A shite one, but a WUM nonetheless.

You are a WUM, though. A shite one, but a WUM nonetheless.

Seeing as I have no interest in winding you or anyone else up, I'd probably disagree.

Feel free to label people as you wish though if it make it easier to dismiss others opinions obviously.

• 2 weeks later...