Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

Don't know if it's in the thread but has anyone else hear that this could be chinese sportswear giant ANTA? (www.anta.com)

They are the 4th biggest sportswear manufacturer in the world (after Nike, Adidas and Puma) but are barely known outside south east asia - and fatty wants to start stocking their stuff in Tat Direct...

they're presumably as ethically corrupt as the others for how their shit gets made but that would be a pleasing outcome tbh

Had never heard of them, where'd you hear this from? Would it not make more sense to be our kit supplier if this was the case?

Everyone seems pretty convinced it's Fun88, but I don't even know where that story started?

Oh yeah, it's total sweatshop.

I wrote their brand book. Some of their stuff is quite good (logo, t-shirts, sweats) and some of it is embarrassingly bad (trainers).

Not expensive, but very high margins.

Don't know if it's in the thread but has anyone else hear that this could be chinese sportswear giant ANTA? (www.anta.com)

They are the 4th biggest sportswear manufacturer in the world (after Nike, Adidas and Puma) but are barely known outside south east asia - and fatty wants to start stocking their stuff in Tat Direct...

they're presumably as ethically corrupt as the others for how their shit gets made but that would be a pleasing outcome tbh

If it is them, can we not have the shitting red thing on the shirt.

http://athletehome-eg.com/image/cache/catalog/Brands/anta-sports-logo-600x315.jpg

Doesn't sounds like his model, he uses Nike, Adidas and Puma etc to get people through the door and then makes his money flogging his own brad tat. A brand he doesn't own that nobody here has ever heard of isn't his game.

If it is them, can we not have the shitting red thing on the shirt.

http://athletehome-eg.com/image/cache/catalog/Brands/anta-sports-logo-600x315.jpg

that's obviously going to be on the shirt like :lol:

aren't we having red numbers next season as well?

Don't know if it's in the thread but has anyone else heard that this could be chinese sportswear giant ANTA? (www.anta.com)

are they related to Anita?

Had never heard of them, where'd you hear this from? Would it not make more sense to be our kit supplier if this was the case?

Everyone seems pretty convinced it's Fun88, but I don't even know where that story started?

I know a number of people that work there and they have a football sponsorship lined up in Europe.

Take your point about them making the shirt also but the Puma contract lasts until the Sun goes supernova.

I hope you're right tbf, I'd much rather that than fun88.

what is fun88 - gambling?

Aye.

Blimey - how original.

The way that the ANTA thing adds up is because no-one knows them in Europe, fatty wants to change that and, as previously mentioned, all their stuff has huge margins. He sees them as the next big player (they have a few shops in Europe - I've been to the one in Varese (don't ask)) and it's beautiful.

Their European and American pitch is for people that can't afford Nike or adidas, but wouldn't be seen dead in Slazenger and No Fear.

If it IS us, we will have that logo on there..!

Guest chopey

Don't know if it's in the thread but has anyone else heard that this could be chinese sportswear giant ANTA? (www.anta.com)

are they related to Anita?

Yes a giant sportsware factory in the depths of China that pays thousands 3 year olds a button a week to work in dark dingy conditions with no workers rights that polutes the environment at will is Anitas uncle. 

Aye.

Blimey - how original.

The way that the ANTA thing adds up is because no-one knows them in Europe, fatty wants to change that and, as previously mentioned, all their stuff has huge margins. He sees them as the next big player (they have a few shops in Europe - I've been to the one in Varese (don't ask)) and it's beautiful.

Their European and American pitch is for people that can't afford Nike or adidas, but wouldn't be seen dead in Slazenger and No Fear.

This is nonsense man, why would MA want to increase the profile of a rival brand that he doesn't own?

Aye.

Blimey - how original.

This is nonsense man, why would MA want to increase the profile of a rival brand that he doesn't own?

Exclusive distribution of a brand with big margins?

They're on the Hang Seng so he may well own a share or - and this is typical fatty behaviour - take shares in lieu of cash for the sponsorship place. He doesn't pay for any of his own adverts, after all.

Not his game unless he owns it or part of it. Makes his money selling his own brands and by using big name brands just to get people through the door.

Like I said, he might well do - of is going to.

And they ARE a big name brand - they are enormous - just not in western markets.

Anyway, just a rumour. Anta have a football sponsorship lined up in Europe. It might be one of the Milan clubs, who knows?

Guest chopey

Premier League Clubs Shirt Sponsorship Deals 2016-17

NO# CLUB                               BRAND YEARLY               TOTAL

1 MANCHESTER UNITED Chevrolet (US) £53m         7 Year deal (2014-21)

2 CHELSEA Yokohama (Japan)         £40m         5 Year deal (2015-20)

3 ARSENAL Fly Emirates (UAE)                 £30m         5 year deal (2014-19)

4 LIVERPOOL Standard Chartered         £25m                 3 year deal (2013-16)

5 MAN CITY Etihad Airways (UAE) £20m       10 year deal (2011-21)

6 TOTTENHAM AIA (China)                 £16m                       5 year deal (2014-19)

7 WEST HAM Betway (Malta)                 £6m                               3.5 year deal (2015-18)

8 EVERTON Chang Beer (Thailand)       £5.3m               3 year deal (2014 to 2017)

9 SOUTHAMPTON Vigin Media (UK) £6m       3 year deal (2016-19)

10 SUNDERLAND Dafabet (Philippines) £6m               2 Year deal (2015-2017)

11 SWANSEA CITY BetEest                 £5m                               1 year contract (2016-17)

12 CRYSTAL PALCE Mansion (Gibraltar) £5m       1 Years (2016-17)

13 STOKE CITY Bet365 (UK)                 £3.5m                       3 Year deal (2015-18)

14 Hull City SportPesa (Kenya)                 £3m                               3 year deal (2016-19)

15 WEST BROM UK-K8.com (Asia)         £2.8m               2 years (2016-18)

16 LEICESTER CITY King Power (Thailand)£1m       Long term deal since 2010

17 Burnley FC Dafabet                         £2m                                       2 year deal (2016-18)

18 WATFORD 138.com (China)         £1m                       1 Year (2016-17)

19 AFC BOURNMOUTH Mansion (Gibraltar) £2m               Single Season (2016-17)

20 MIDDLESBROUGH Ramsdens (UK) £1m               5 years (2013-18)

Some piss poor deals amongst those.