Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

We were all happy when they said the stadium naming rights weren't part of it any more, but we've potentially missed out on playing at the Fun Arena or the Stadium of Fun.

Fun Factory or more importantly The Fun House and pat sharp and the twins hyping the crowd who would literally go mild.

We were all happy when they said the stadium naming rights weren't part of it any more, but we've potentially missed out on playing at the Fun Arena or the Stadium of Fun.

Fun Factory or more importantly The Fun House and pat sharp and the twins hyping the crowd who would literally go mild.

Replace Local Hero with a bit of Madness when the players exit the tunel.

What is it with us and stupid sounding sponsorship logos? Wonga was bad enough, fun88 is barely any better. Why can't it be Phillips or Sony...just any brand which doesn't make the shirt look like a piece of shit?

What is it with us and stupid sounding sponsorship logos? Wonga was bad enough, fun88 is barely any better. Why can't it be Phillips or Sony...just any brand which doesn't make the shirt look like a piece of s***?

Do we know it's fun88?  Pretty sure nothing has been confirmed yet.

Besides Philips or Sony wouldn't go near us.

What is it with us and stupid sounding sponsorship logos? Wonga was bad enough, fun88 is barely any better. Why can't it be Phillips or Sony...just any brand which doesn't make the shirt look like a piece of s***?

Yeah, I get that those are mega brands who want CL clubs, but you would think we could attract 2nd or 3rd tier brands of the same type. Huwei or Weetabix or some shit. I'd take that.

Yeah, I get that those are mega brands who want CL clubs, but you would think we could attract 2nd or 3rd tier brands of the same type. Huwei or Weetabix or some s***. I'd take that.

Not sure I could ever take that seriously.  :lol:

Yeah, I get that those are mega brands who want CL clubs, but you would think we could attract 2nd or 3rd tier brands of the same type. Huwei or Weetabix or some shit. I'd take that.

Huawei would be puntastic, they clearly don't know what they are missing out by not sponsoring us.

For the people in charge it's all about who'll pay us the most cash though, and the bigger names don't need to be on our shirts as desperately as smaller name companies.

You don't get those bigger companies when the club has lacked ambition, been fairly irrelevant, and turmoil has always been around the corner. This is the first time we've had a positive season in ages, hopefully the club did the right thing and signed a very lucrative deal that isn't too far long term that way they can cut a new deal when we're stable in the PL and hopefully a top 7-10 side. Let's be clear here, if we have success on the pitch we'll be getting far stronger terms for kit and sponsorship deals.

For the people in charge it's all about who'll pay us the most cash though, and the bigger names don't need to be on our shirts as desperately as smaller name companies.

It's not so much the size of the companies, it's their stupid names which end up all over our shirt. We finally get rid of Wonga and their cheap looking logo and now we get fun88 which looks virtually the same and equally tacky.

Premier League Clubs Shirt Sponsorship Deals 2016-17

NO# CLUB                               BRAND YEARLY               TOTAL

1 MANCHESTER UNITED Chevrolet (US) £53m         7 Year deal (2014-21)

2 CHELSEA Yokohama (Japan)         £40m         5 Year deal (2015-20)

3 ARSENAL Fly Emirates (UAE)                 £30m         5 year deal (2014-19)

4 LIVERPOOL Standard Chartered         £25m                 3 year deal (2013-16)

5 MAN CITY Etihad Airways (UAE) £20m       10 year deal (2011-21)

6 TOTTENHAM AIA (China)                 £16m                       5 year deal (2014-19)

7 WEST HAM Betway (Malta)                 £6m                               3.5 year deal (2015-18)

8 EVERTON Chang Beer (Thailand)       £5.3m               3 year deal (2014 to 2017)

9 SOUTHAMPTON Vigin Media (UK) £6m       3 year deal (2016-19)

10 SUNDERLAND Dafabet (Philippines) £6m               2 Year deal (2015-2017)

11 SWANSEA CITY BetEest                 £5m                               1 year contract (2016-17)

12 CRYSTAL PALCE Mansion (Gibraltar) £5m       1 Years (2016-17)

13 STOKE CITY Bet365 (UK)                 £3.5m                       3 Year deal (2015-18)

14 Hull City SportPesa (Kenya)                 £3m                               3 year deal (2016-19)

15 WEST BROM UK-K8.com (Asia)         £2.8m               2 years (2016-18)

16 LEICESTER CITY King Power (Thailand)£1m       Long term deal since 2010

17 Burnley FC Dafabet                         £2m                                       2 year deal (2016-18)

18 WATFORD 138.com (China)         £1m                       1 Year (2016-17)

19 AFC BOURNMOUTH Mansion (Gibraltar) £2m               Single Season (2016-17)

20 MIDDLESBROUGH Ramsdens (UK) £1m               5 years (2013-18)

Yeah, I get that those are mega brands who want CL clubs, but you would think we could attract 2nd or 3rd tier brands of the same type. Huwei or Weetabix or some s***. I'd take that.

It's not so much the size of the companies, it's their stupid names which end up all over our shirt. We finally get rid of Wonga and their cheap looking logo and now we get fun88 which looks virtually the same and equally tacky.

you don't know the exact company yet, why are you so mad right now?

Going off the thread title and assumed those who were saying it was the Chinese betting company fun88 in the last couple of pages were in the know.

Going off the thread title and assumed those who were saying it was the Chinese betting company fun88 in the last couple of pages were in the know.

Ryder suspected that it's a betting company, but he also said it would be announced this week and it hasn't. People jumped on twitter saying it was Fun88, no indication that anyone in the know said it and it's people just coming to conclusions after Ryder's comments and partially wishful thinking.