The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Just seen the Ibra red card :lol: If anything it's a Oscar foul ffs. PSG will have to get very lucky with the draw to go any further without Ibra IMO.

Think Ibra will be banned for many games.

This was the same ref that sent Markovic off in the game vs. Basel back in December and he got a 4 match-ban from UEFA for that. Really can't see Ibra not matching that...bullshit I know, but that's how UEFA works. the only way to appeal is in case of mistaken identity.

Just seen the Ibra red card :lol: If anything it's a Oscar foul ffs. PSG will have to get very lucky with the draw to go any further without Ibra IMO.

Played way, way better without him last night. Stick Cavani (even though he seems to be finished) up top and pop Lavezzi on the wing, jobs a good 'un.

:thup: Not that I think they're better without Ibra but last night they showed they have experience and quality all over the pitch, it's not a one man team. Thought Lavezzi was poor when he came on though, Lucas will be a better option off the bench.

I would hate for this poor performance from Chelsea to produce an inflated opinion of PSG. They are an uninspiring side that play dour football (much worse than last night's opponents) despite having no financial competition domestically. They are the best side in France for the same reason, and look in trouble now that l'OM and OL have put together challenging sides despite lack of funds. They are not on pace for 80 points this season, and Blanc might still be sacked.

Played way, way better without him last night. Stick Cavani (even though he seems to be finished) up top and pop Lavezzi on the wing, jobs a good 'un.

:thup: Not that I think they're better without Ibra but last night they showed they have experience and quality all over the pitch, it's not a one man team. Thought Lavezzi was poor when he came on though, Lucas will be a better option off the bench.

I would hate for this poor performance from Chelsea to produce an inflated opinion of PSG. They are an uninspiring side that play dour football (much worse than last night's opponents) despite having no financial competition domestically. They are the best side in France for the same reason, and look in trouble now that l'OM and OL have put together challenging sides despite lack of funds. They are not on pace for 80 points this season, and Blanc might still be sacked.

Absolutely, agree with all of that, but do you agree that when you go into latter rounds of the CL experience plays a huge role? Players like David Luiz, Ibra, Motta, Thiago, Maxwell have huge experience and four of them showed that last night.

I still don't see them winning this, but if they get Porto, Monaco/Arsenal, Dortmund/Juve or Bayer/Atletico they will stand at least a 50% chance of qualifying to the semi's which in terms of what they have achieved before is huge (even if financially is where they should be aiming for each season).

Absolutely, agree with all of that, but do you agree that when you go into latter rounds of the CL experience plays a huge role? Players like David Luiz, Ibra, Motta, Thiago, Maxwell have huge experience and four of them showed that last night.

I still don't see them winning this, but if they get Porto, Monaco/Arsenal, Dortmund/Juve or Bayer/Atletico they will stand at least a 50% chance of qualifying to the semi's which in terms of what they have achieved before is huge (even if financially is where they should be aiming for each season).

It is more a matter of mentality than experience, imo, though both are obviously important. Chelsea won this competition with their worst side in the Abramovich era because they had warriors with strong mental attributes (who may have been lacking in other areas, esp. going forward) like Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Mikel Obi, Ramires, Lampard, Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, and Meireles to hold their position and a brilliant striker that could make chances out of nothing.

PSG can undoubtedly replicate that. Knockout football is nothing like the true test of league football, referees make poor decisions, important players have bad nights/are injured, mistakes are made. A lot depends on the draw obviously. If they are drawn against the winner of Juventus/Dortmund or Porto/Monaco, they are clear favourites, imo.

I wouldn't put too mich stock in their league form. Ancelotti'so Milan had 3 finals in 5 years and where often never really challenging for Serie A. Based on their performancs over 2 legs they could go very deep into the competition.

There's only 3 sides better than them on paper.  One of which has been hopeless for 3 months.

Guest neesy111

Fuck me, that keeper for Kiev played against us in 1997. Was absolutely gash n all.

Aye, Beresford scored a ridiculous goal IIRC.