The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

BBC Sport's Nabil Hassan at St Mary's

Southampton 1-1 Man Utd

"Cracking game of football here at St Mary's. Southampton have no intention of settling for a draw and are pouring forward at every given opportunity."

Presumably this is going on in the carpark.

:lol:

If Man Utd win this, LVG is rivaling Pardew in the grinding out s*** undeserved wins stakes.

Think he is regardless, they have been grinding out results while playing absolutely insulting football for a while now.

What's worse is unlike Pardew I think they might keep it up.

If Man Utd win this, LVG is rivaling Pardew in the grinding out s*** undeserved wins stakes.

Think he is regardless, they have been grinding out results while playing absolutely insulting football for a while now.

They have much better players than us, so you're right, they probably will.

The chanting in this game is ridiculous.  Do they not get bored repeating the same few words over and over all half?

They have much better players than us, so you're right, they probably will.

The chanting in this game is ridiculous.  Do they not get bored repeating the same few words over and over all half?

Probably not after reserving their vocal chords for 70 minutes.

Southampton's overall play might have been better, but they were still epically rubbish in that game.  They've shown over the last three games why they won't finish top 4.  First real tests and failed them all, ending up fifth.  They're a decent side and they'll finish top 8 but they were never top 4, as much as it'd have been interesting if they were.

I have to say, when we were bottom and Southampton were flying, if someone had told me we'd be within three points of them by now, I'd have thought someone had hit them on the head too hard.