The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

What can Fabianski do there? He can't exactly move out the way

He still runs into Sakho. It's very clumsy, but the right decision I think. Glad that Sakho is not penalised for actually staying on his feet and trying to score.

Sure I heard the whistle before he even got the shot off. I automatically assumed it was for the handball, not even sure the goal would have counted had it rolled in. Definitely heard the whistle before the shot like.

Sure I heard the whistle before he even got the shot off. I automatically assumed it was for the handball, not even sure the goal would have counted had it rolled in. Definitely heard the whistle before the shot like.

Thought the same.

Terrible decision, he didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity as he had the opportunity and missed

Aye.

I disagree here. I thought he'd have a better goal scoring opportunity. The collision slowed him and narrowed his angle by a lot. If he had run through without being touched, he could have taken at least one more touch before shooting.

He hit the post, it clearly wasn't impossible to score. It's a goalscoring opportunity, not a tap in.

If he had fallen down, I think the ref would have given the same decision. I don't think the attacker should be punished for trying to score there. The opportunity became much more difficult after the collision. It was the angle and the spin on the ball that made it difficult. He had to use his weaker foot, too.

West Ham despite how well they're doing in the table are still suffering from dinosaur manager syndrome here.  As if they should be attempting to cling on having taken the lead and the other side being down to 10 men.  Exactly the same as I'd expect from Pardew.

If Carroll stays fit for any length of time he'll become a very good option for England.  Far superior to Lambert, who is tidy but nowhere near the aerial threat that Carroll is.