The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Pip and triggs.

How many seasons did Moyes manage Everton? How many times did he reach the 72pts as Martinez did in his first season as a manager at the club? Let's be honest Moyes had a season he finished with 39pts for Everton, if Martinez manages to do worse than that I'll be shocked and I'll eat my words and I'll have a Moyes avatar for all of the 2015/2016 season while having ' Martinez sucks' in my sig.

Yeah but Moyes rebuilt a team. Martinez hasn't done that. He's still playing with Moyes' team. These are Moyes' players. Let's see his transfers and how successful they are over the next two or so years. Kone already looks like money down the drain and Besic might not make it too.

Yeah but Moyes rebuilt a team. Martinez hasn't done that. He's still playing with Moyes' team. These are Moyes' players. Let's see his transfers and how successful they are over the next two or so years. Kone already looks like money down the drain and Besic might not make it too.

He's not playing with Moyes team at all tbf. Big part of their success last season was their central midfield IMO, and that was two Martinez players in McCarthy and Barry. Especially Barry who everyone thought was done. Lukaku was another one of his players. I don't buy that it was Moyes team because it just wasn't. As for him not being the best in the transfer market I think that has always been his biggest failure, but as a footballing manager/coach he's a very good one.

Their best player last year was Coleman and that's a Moyes buy, although he developed a lot under Martinez. Their entire defence was Moyes. Mirallas, one of their best players, also a Moyes buy. Let's see how things play out from now but I don't think he'll do as well as Moyes.

Does everybody still think Martinez is a brilliant manager?

I think he is a very good manager.  Everton had a very good season last year, already forgetting that? They're in terrible form right now though.

Yes he did alright last season in keeping up with the consistent high finishes that Moyes usually did. This season however they have been very poor for the most part. I think he earned his reputation for being a very good manager very easily

horseshit

Their best player last year was Coleman and that's a Moyes buy, although he developed a lot under Martinez. Their entire defence was Moyes. Mirallas, one of their best players, also a Moyes buy. Let's see how things play out from now but I don't think he'll do as well as Moyes.

I'm not saying Moyes didn't do heck of a job for Everton btw, the complete opposite. I just don't agree with your arguments. It's Martinez team and they reached the highest points total ever in the PL. They're having a bad season, but Moyes had them one as well. Only time will tell though whether he'll be as good as Moyes :thup: He's still a very good manager in my opinion.

He's had one good season in his managerial career. Yes, sometimes his teams can play other teams off the park but he wasn't able to fix the defensive problems at Wigan and got them relegated - something that Bruce didn't, by the way. The defensive problems at Everton are also clear for people to see and they're problems that didn't exist to this extent under Moyes.

Tell me why anyone should consider him more than a one year wonder. He's just a better-talking, more positive version of Pardew at the moment. He hasn't proved anything beyond that.

He's had one good season in his managerial career. Yes, sometimes his teams can play other teams off the park but he wasn't able to fix the defensive problems at Wigan and got them relegated - something that Bruce didn't, by the way. The defensive problems at Everton are also clear for people to see and they're problems that didn't exist to this extent under Moyes.

Tell me why anyone should consider him more than a one year wonder. He's just a better-talking, more positive version of Pardew at the moment. He hasn't proved anything beyond that.

Pathetic :lol:

What a load of nonsense Pip. No point in debating with you. He won an FA Cup with a Wigan side that was the worst in the league year after year on paper but still stayed up. If you are comparing his Wigan side to the side Pardew has had here over the years, then you are clueless.

He also promoted Swansea from League One and started their journey into the PL even if Sousa and Rodgers in many ways were big reason.

I think he is a very good manager.  Everton had a very good season last year, already forgetting that? They're in terrible form right now though.

Yes he did alright last season in keeping up with the consistent high finishes that Moyes usually did. This season however they have been very poor for the most part. I think he earned his reputation for being a very good manager very easily

horseshit

Nah it's actually fact mate

do you think he isn't, if not why not?

Because he's had one good season in his 5 or 6 years in the premier league

Are you aware he was in charge of Wigan Athletic for most of them? :lol:

do you think he isn't, if not why not?

Because he's had one good season in his 5 or 6 years in the premier league

Are you aware he was in charge of Wigan Athletic for most of them? :lol:

Yes and he never got them to be anything other than relegation contenders in all his years there. He did win the FA cup tbf