2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Wilmots is mad to have started Origi after Lukaku scored that all important goal vs USA. Should have trusted his main man and kept the pace of Origi as a weapon to bring on against tired legs.

I think he wants Lukaku to face the tired legs

After being spoilt by the group and round-of-16 matches, the QFs have been rather underwhelming so far.

Other than the second half yesterday I've enjoyed the quarters so far. The ladt 16 was hit and miss but yous expect it with so many one sided looking ties. Still some cracking game in there though.

I think Wilmots is mad to have started Origi after Lukaku scored that all important goal vs USA. Should have trusted his main man and kept the pace of Origi as a weapon to bring on against tired legs.

Tend do agree with this, though having a fresh Lukaku to throw on against tired legs is not a bad weapon either.

I think he wants Lukaku to face the tired legs

Lukaku doesn't have that pace Origi has though. Also, I think it will be a slap in the face for Lukaku who must have thought he would be the main man in attack for them after Benteke got injured. I would want my main striker to be as confident as he possibly could be. Benching him isn't going to achieve that.

Anybody else sick of hearing the pundits saying they're shocked that Brazil aren't playing like Brazil? They haven't played that way since the 80s yet all of a sudden they should be able to go back to this mythical style of joga bonito.

:lol: Exactly, only Neymar has the capabilities to play that way. What the pundits are expecting of them they are not actually capable of.

:thup: Everyone wants us to play with four #10s so when we lose we're naive and idiots.

Also Fernandinho has given this team so much inte knockouts. Been so impressed with his ability on the ball. He brings aggressiveness and roughness defensively and calmness and class offensively. Say what you want about being lucky with the yellow cards, but he's class and comparing him Van Bommel is an insult. (Whoever did that)

It's the "luck" with the officials that's bringing the Van Bommel comparisons... that's saying what we want.

Aside from that he has been brilliant. I like him more in the Paulinho role rather than the Gustavo role. Gets to play a bit more expansively.

Also thought Maicon added good power to the backline.