Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

Once again any analysis is meaningless without taking into account wages and other commercial revenue. We're getting £8m from Wonga which is enabling us to make more signings but when we pay higher wages - which is the only reason good, young Frenchies want to join us - it constrains our ability to make other signings.

At least show how you've come to that conclusion then.

My back of the envelope math says that we've got around £10-15m left to spend with the wages to support that kind of player. If we spend more then it's borrowing from next summer now.

If we're able to spend this then we'll have around £10-15m to spend next summer, which ain't bad considering our squad depth now.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/breakdown-of-mike-ashley-s-transfer-dealings-reveal-18m-profit-1-5973100

Add: Cabaye £19m plus this summers ins/outs and its looking good.

Plus our wage bill was undoubtedly higher in those days to cover any debate there as to where we are now.

That is cost break down complete bullshit surely - no way we got £10M for Boumsong!??

Guest Roger Kint

Once again any analysis is meaningless without taking into account wages and other commercial revenue. We're getting £8m from Wonga which is enabling us to make more signings but when we pay higher wages - which is the only reason good, young Frenchies want to join us - it constrains how ability to make other signings.

:lol: Fucking hell, ok fine Mike we are skint sorry.....

Wages are down £10m since Ashley got us relegated fwiw(to june 2013)

Guest Roger Kint

My back of the envelope math says that we've got around £10-15m left to spend with the wages to support that kind of player. If we spend more then it's borrowing from next summer now.

If we're able to spend this then we'll have around £10-15m to spend next summer, which ain't bad considering our squad depth now.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/breakdown-of-mike-ashley-s-transfer-dealings-reveal-18m-profit-1-5973100

Plus our wage bill was undoubtedly higher in those days to cover any debate there as to where we are now.

That is cost break down complete bullshit surely - no way we got £10M for Boumsong!??

Or to use his real name Bassong

plus 6 million  for Dyer..

Guest Roger Kint

plus 6 million  for Dyer..

And? Every media outlet at the time said so.

Guest Roger Kint

Either way this whole guesswork is pointless, the club CAN afford to spend money and anyone disagreeing is clearly a fucking lunatic.

My bad, not had a coffee yet!

How did you come to that figure?  I can't imagine our wages have gone up much that much from last season.

We don't have spend the Sky money, have a positive net spend or whatever to show ambition. It's probably a marginal difference between outgoings & incomings, but replace Pardew with someone else and that'd be a bigger show of ambition than any £28m striker would.

Mad how well go out and spend money on players when the real issue is Pardew is shite. Ashley or Charnley must clearly not realise this as with our recruitment team we could have stayed midtable if we'd spent a fraction of what we have this summer with someone competent at the helm.

Guest Roger Kint

Not good enough this window so far. Better than expected though..

This sentence just goes to show how low our expectations are.

I fully agree though, first 11 wise we are weaker than this time last year.

You would be amazed how many fans dont think that. Its not that hard to remember the team with Debuchy/HBA/Cabaye/Remy getting 33 points by the turn of the year is it?  ???

You would be amazed how many fans dont think that. Its not that hard to remember the team with Debuchy/HBA/Cabaye/Remy getting 33 points by the turn of the year is it?  ???

We both know a lot of our fans are lead by the nose.

Guest Roger Kint

We both know a lot of our fans are lead by the nose.

This is true.

Lots of pace and fighting spirit all over the pitch. But a real lack of quality & composure on the ball. Sissoko, Anita &  Colback is a trio devoid of any creativity.

Agree. Lack of depth is tragic. Bringing an alien and two kids off the bench today sums it all up.

Window. Not good enough. As usual.

Lots of pace and fighting spirit all over the pitch. But a real lack of quality & composure on the ball. Sissoko, Anita &  Colback is a trio devoid of any creativity.

Agree. Lack of depth is tragic. Bringing an alien and two kids off the bench today sums it all up.

Window. Not good enough. As usual.

My first time seeing the new lads barring Janmaat.

A lot will depend on  Cabella and De Jong.

Still don't see where the goals will come from. Riviere already looks anxious.

I like all of our signings tbh, there's a lot of flair and pace there, but as has been said on just about every page of this thread, the two areas where we lack genuine premier quality is at either end of the pitch which is pretty crucial really as the game is all about goals.

Guest Howaythetoon

We will struggle badly unless we buy a dominant CB and a goal scorer because this team will ship goals in while rarely threatening and that's before you even take in the Pardew factor. We'll be fighting relegation by Xmas.

I like all of our signings tbh, there's a lot of flair and pace there, but as has been said on just about every page of this thread, the two areas where we lack genuine premier quality is at either end of the pitch which is pretty crucial really as the game is all about goals.

From today - apart from Cabella's skills and Colback's set pieces, none of them showed great quality on the ball or looked like they could create/score.

Still looking at those 25 odd goals scored by HBA, Cabaye & Remy and I can't see where they are replaced.