RIP John Alder & Liam Sweeney

bowlingcrofty

Is the Sunderland cash total money pledged or actually received? Cause unless my eyes are playing tricks it's over £1000.

If that's accurate I'm damn near lost for words. Absolutely blown away in fact. If the mackems are reading this then thank you all.  O0

It's money paid.

Is the Sunderland cash total money pledged or actually received? Cause unless my eyes are playing tricks it's over £1000.

If that's accurate I'm damn near lost for words. Absolutely blown away in fact. If the mackems are reading this then thank you all.  O0

Actually received, i do believe.

Incredible gesture.

They might retire the seats for the season anyway...mightn't they?

I wouldn't have thought so. They might do for the remainder of this season (though their season tickets will make sure they don't go used for home league games in anyway), in future though I can't see the club never selling those seats again.

I think the club might do the honourable thing and put up a plaque for them outside of the ground.

It's received mate, you have to enter your bank details for your donation to be registered.

I'm feeling proud to be a a North East football fan tonight, and hopefully we can carry this goodwill on as a legacy to John and Liam.

They might retire the seats for the season anyway...mightn't they?

I wouldn't have thought so. They might do for the remainder of this season (though their season tickets will make sure they don't go used for home league games in anyway), in future though I can't see the club never selling those seats again.

I think the club might do the honourable thing and put up a plaque for them outside of the ground.

Aye, that would be canny.

Guest palnese

Will head up to St. James' on Monday night to pay my respects. Is it possible to leave a shirt or a scarf with a few words written on it?

I know it's highly unlikely and they cannot do it for everyone but would love to see the players contribute to something for the fans to show respect. Would be massive for the club. Would help PR relations with the support and bring a United mentality back to the club...

I'm dropping my lass off in Newcastle tomorrow. Think I'll swing by the ground and leave a shirt. Feels the right thing to do.

I won't be back until late Sunday, I'll do the same then or early Monday.

Out of curiosity - when was it first announced about John and Liam?

A phenomenal amount has been done and raised it seems in such short time...

Early Friday morning, I think.

I'm overwhelmed by the response from Sunderland fans.

I'm not sure any words could express the gratitude I feel towards them.

Fantastic.

I felt the same way.  And the very few callous comments were attacked immediately.  Football rivalries rightly dissolve when shit like this happens.  We are all fans of football, and more importantly, human.