League Cup Third Round - Crystal Palace (A) to be played W/C 22nd September

Decky

This match will be like two bald men fighting over a comb. Warnock won't give a f*** about this if Palace are still near the bottom and I doubt we will either

Perfect summation.

Will be going, local game for me.

Me too, SE20 resident!

lol mugs

Haven't been to Selhurst yet, good opportunity. Fully expect the game to be a massive abortion (not a reference to your daughter).

If i can get free for it i'll meet up with you if like. I'm not too far away.

I'd say there's a chance this could be televised. There's some really uninspiring choices, all of the big teams have home draws against shite with the exception of probably Arsenal where at least Sky would be able to spin the "all Premier League tie" card. Probably more likely to go for Liverpool/Boro over us though and take advantage of Liverpool's advertising revenue.

This match will be like two bald men fighting over a comb. Warnock won't give a fuck about this if Palace are still near the bottom and I doubt we will either

I still like the idea of them fighting literally though. I can't stand Warnock but for some reason I keep picturing him landing a right cross to pardew's jaw and two teeth flying from the king's mouth with hair strands akimbo.

Will be going, local game for me.

Me too, SE20 resident!

lol mugs

Haven't been to Selhurst yet, good opportunity. Fully expect the game to be a massive abortion (not a reference to your daughter).

Erm, what. :lol:

Waaaatttttt

The Thick of It line, assumed everyone was a massive fan!

Guest Roger Kint

It's a tie which should be about 75-25 in our favour which becomes a 50-50 because of Pardew and his potential team selection. I hate him. :(

Its closer to 0-100 with our desire to win it.

Plus: (.com)we've lost 17 of our 26 League Cup ties against fellow Premier League sides since 1993 and won only one of the last eight (Chelsea away in 2010)

Guest thenorthumbrian

This match will be like two bald men fighting over a comb. Warnock won't give a f*** about this if Palace are still near the bottom and I doubt we will either

Good god that's so depressing and so true.

It's taking the competition out of a competition.

Guest Roger Kint

Its closer to 0-100 with our desire to win it.

Their desire to win it will be 0 too, to be fair.

That may depend on whether Parish gets the 3/4 players in he claimed they would. More inclined to think they will want to give it a decent go

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think Neil Warnock has ever put out a decent side in the League Cup, much less when he's been brought in to keep Palace in the Premier League. Not that we can't very well lose like, obviously we will play a stupid side as well.

Cant say i have ever noticed his teams tbh. Was mainly assuming he would have them far more up for it thatn we will be. They seemed to do ok last round. Our pathetic record i posted doesnt help either.

Guest neesy111

I don't think Neil Warnock has ever put out a decent side in the League Cup, much less when he's been brought in to keep Palace in the Premier League. Not that we can't very well lose like, obviously we will play a stupid side as well.

Got Sheff Utd to semi finals once actually.

Got Sheff Utd to semi finals once actually.

Interesting. Doesn't necessarily mean he cares though.

They played a second string at Walsall to be fair and still won. Probably be a close, dull encounter with neither manager being overly arsed if they win or not.

Gayle's hat-trick on Tuesday was really decent.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I still like the idea of them fighting literally though. I can't stand Warnock but for some reason I keep picturing him landing a right cross to pardew's jaw and two teeth flying from the king's mouth with hair strands akimbo.

Just how long will it take for Warnock to wind Pardwho up on the sidelines.