Newcastle United 3-2 Reading - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I maintain what I said at the time, fantastic strike by Emre but it was pretty central and the keeper could have done better.

If you watch it again you can see Emre have a quick look before shooting, I reckon he see's the keeper off his line so places it.

I wonder how dangerous Martins "could be" if he had some more movement....He has the pace but often when the ball goes through he hasn't started running. HE HAS to be a little bit smarter sometimes, and above everything he should show more often where he wants the ball with his runs even if he doesn't get the ball every time. He rarely takes the run before the ball is played....

Guest Invicta_Toon

I wonder how dangerous Martins "could be" if he had some more movement....He has the pace but often when the ball goes through he hasn't started running. HE HAS to be a little bit smarter sometimes, and above everything he should show more often where he wants the ball with his runs even if he doesn't get the ball every time. He rarely takes the run before the ball is played....

he probably has no idea when the ball will be played, given the changes in the team every week

:lol: Who would of thought Sibs would of been this good? Gotta take your hat off to him because before he had kicked a ball people wanted him out.  Perfect ball in from Solano.

Babayaro should never play for us again!!!! Booin him was wrong but i can understand the fans being pissing right off.

Emre and Butt have a fantastic partnership and tbh Glenn has an important decision to make when Parker is back. Butt for me has been simply fantastic and he is forgiven for that incident against Manu in the FA Semi-Final, Emre goal was good but he needs to score more!!!!

Guest TheOrder

Well done to those booing Babayaro. That always helps.

Twats.

Yep, shits.

However, the fans were fucking amazing in the second, it was fucking buzzing at St James.

Truly a cup atmosphere that, no word of a lie.

he probably has no idea when the ball will be played, given the changes in the team every week

Is that your answer about the problem??  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif Dear God

Well fuckign played Emre son, he has really imporved his game lately for us and even when Parker's been playing before any says anything, he just looks that bit sharper now and a stunnin goal, something he needed, he has it and lets push on from there. Also good game from Steven Taylor, shit game from Babayaro, sooner the better we buya new left back!!

not only movement, Martins needs to be hitting the target on a MUCH more regular basis.

that also of course...But he would get quite a few more clean chances if he did his runs correctly

Another worry for me is, that because of Milner's crap crossing, Roeder might push Nobby back to right-wing and restore Carr at right-back.

Hopefully though it'll Nobby RB and Dyer RM.

Just because someone plays on the wing doesn't mean they have to do the crossing.

If Milner can do the running, the dribbling, the holding it up until Solano can get there to swing it in, then it should still be fine. The result will still be the same. A quality cross.

I really hope that Carr never plays for us again.

Switching Solano to RB could be a tactical masterstroke by Roeder IF AND ONLY IF he persists with it so long as Nobby is fit.

If that's all the winger has to so, Dyer would be MUCH better on the right than Milner then.

The booing was out of order and came from nowhere really, but Babayaro had no idea where his man was at any given moment. They always had a man over, totally free. He constantly backs off too.

Watching that match was insane. At half time, there was no way we were coming back into it, getting out passed all over the place. There was a lot of loud support second half and they seemed to rise to it. Sibierski's a monster, he was everywhere tonight.

Guest TheOrder

The booing was out of order and came from nowhere really, but Babayaro had no idea where his man was at any given moment. They always had a man over, totally free. He constantly backs off too.

Watching that match was insane. At half time, there was no way we were coming back into it, getting out passed all over the place. There was a lot of loud support second half and they seemed to rise to it. Sibierski's a monster, he was everywhere tonight.

We lifted the team in the second half. Great atmosphere.