NUFC Songbook

olliemort

I'll start thinking up a song about Pancrate when I hear two commentators, pundits or newsreaders say his name the same way, cos I haven't yet!

It's Pan-cratt, not Pan-crate or Pan-crateh.

FLS called him 'Poncrat' anarl.  So there's 4 different ways of saying it.  The lad needs to come out and clarify how its pronounced, with an explanation for doing so.  I suggest he tells us his granny got upset at the mis-pronounciation.  I heard that one worked in the past somewhere.  :thup:

considering ManUtd use Joy Division for "Giggs will tear you apart, again", why dont we ever use "Lov" when it is closer to word "love"? Missing a trick lads!

That is mental, I was thinking the exact same thing on Saturday at the game.  :kasper:

we're ahead of our time man! I made the link over summer, was a  big day in me life...

Guest toonlass

When the ball hits the goal,

It's not Yorke,

It's not Cole,

It's Pancrat-aaay.

I know it's been used before but works mint for him.

When sit in row Z

and the ball

hits your head

its wor Shola

:lol:

Fabriiiiiice Pancrate will tear you apart .. again . . .

Fabriiiiice Pancrate will tear you apart . again

How on earth does 'Fabriiiiiiice Pancrate' rhyme with 'Love'?

How do any of the songs sung to the tune of it rhyme with "Go west, life is peaceful there"?

How do any of the songs sung to the tune of it rhyme with "Go west, life is peaceful there"?

?

Well loads of football songs are based on it (ie Go West), none of which rhyme with the original lyrics is what I mean (Edit: so surely it shouldn't matter if words put into a song sounds like the words they're replacing as long as the right lines rhyme with each other and all fit.)

I think the problem lies with the excess of syllables with 'Fabriiiice Pancrate' rather than it rhyming with the original tune. Like was said a lot tunes used in chants have FA to do with the original lyrics e.g. shit on the villa, one nil to 'x' team etc.

?

Well loads of football songs are based on it (ie Go West), none of which rhyme with the original lyrics is what I mean.

?

Well loads of football songs are based on it (ie Go West), none of which rhyme with the original lyrics is what I mean (Edit: so surely it shouldn't matter if words put into a song sounds like the words they're replacing as long as the right lines rhyme with each other and all fit.)

If you can fit Fabrice Pancrate into love then brilliant.

?

If you can fit Fabrice Pancrate into love then brilliant.

It kinda does fit, the Fabrice doesn't sound very good in place of the first 'love' though.