Gillingham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 26/08/14 - Post Match reactions from page 10

Disco

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen the highlights.  Christ we were lucky not to concede,  fair few stupid mistakes which will easily be punished more often than not in the pl. 

Did we have any shots on target? Not counting those by Gillingham players.

5 according to the stats.  Which against a team like Gillingham isn't a huge amount.

5 is impressive, its about double the total of our two other games combined :lol:

Guest neesy111

Just seen the highlights.  Christ we were lucky not to concede,  fair few stupid mistakes which will easily be punished more often than not in the pl. 

Did we have any shots on target? Not counting those by Gillingham players.

5 according to the stats.  Which against a team like Gillingham isn't a huge amount.

5 is impressive, its about double the total of our two other games combined :lol:

Very true. :lol:

Gillingham pretty much kept 11 men behind the ball for most of the game which made is to turgid, but even that doesn't exude our lack of movement and ideas in the final third.

The amount of awful crosses from vaguely promising positions was staggering. I'm also stunned then managed to find more than 15 seconds worth of highlights from that game.

11 years since we were beaten by lower league opposition in this competition. (WBA 2003/4)

You don't congratulate yourself for that, that's the bare minimum expectation.

It's like Audley Harrison getting excited because it's been ages since he lost a fight to a girl.

Guest neesy111

11 years since we were beaten by lower league opposition in this competition. (WBA 2003/4)

Complete opposite to the FA cup.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I was born in North Shields.

That explains everything then.

North Shields is a beautiful Northumbrian fishing village.

You'd struggle to find more of a non-event than this game yesterday. :lol: Everything about it was pap.

Home crowd barely made a peep, neither did ours, they barely looked like creating a chance (apart from 2 we handed them, about the only time the crowd got a bit excited) and we spent most of the game in relative control of the ball but barely looking threatening. Even the goal was shite. Absolute Pardew wet dream of a victory.

You'd struggle to find more of a non-event than this game yesterday. :lol: Everything about it was pap.

Home crowd barely made a peep, neither did ours, they barely looked like creating a chance (apart from 2 we handed them, about the only time the crowd got a bit excited) and we spent most of the game in relative control of the ball but barely looking threatening. Even the goal was shite. Absolute Pardew wet dream of a victory.

I hear the atmosphere at Gillingham is white hot so I really think you're wrong.

In all seriousness, knowing how long you've felt as I have about Pardew, I honestly don't know how you can be arsed to even go at home, never mind to Gillingham on a Tuesday night. Fair play to you.

Guest northshieldsmag

Stacks of whingers here. We are in the hat for the next round that's all that matters.

Its actually not all that matters. NUFC being an absolute bag of s*** from top to bottom is what matters, LIKE.

Aye we've got a great record in this competition and on the same night that manure lost to mk dons.

Guest antz1uk

Rake Lane is in Shields... everyone's passport :okay:

Princess Mary's for me like. :smug:

Me > you.

Yep me too, don't think it's there anymore, so pretty exclusive club we are in. :)

Me too, getting less exclusive  :)

Guest antz1uk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0G34wOyERo

:laugh:

The fuck is that? he's like that bloke with the carrier bag, angelos epithemiou or however you spell it