Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

Great post, that. :thup:

JNK is N-O’s Bruno, fantastic January transfer window signing for the board. The reinvigorated Flip is Big Joe.

Also chuffed to see that not all new posters have to be absolute whoppers, was beginning to lose the faith.

15 hours ago, JNK said:

Today I'm gonna present you Arena da Baixada, Athletico Paranaense's stadium, it's considered the most modern stadium in Latin America since 99, even after the 2014 world cup when we got arenas all over the country ours is still a standout, it's the only one with a retractable roof on Latin America.

First the version I knew in 1996 as a kid, common stadium for the era in Brazil. 

Reveal hidden contents

1994-ENFIM-EM-CASA1.jpg

36174_14176948600_thumb-5-3.jpg

In 97 we tore it all down and in 99 were debuting this version of the stadium (thats the 05 version with the lower opositte stands build (there was a wall there at first) and with chairs on every seat.

Reveal hidden contents

8991934.jpg

img_como_chegar_a_arena_da_baixada_em_cu

2018041821040_970445dbdf4fcbe6688e852a24

Now we have the 2014 WC version:

Reveal hidden contents

Est%C3%A1dio-Atl%C3%A9tico-Paranaense-A%

5d79afb99be46.jpeg

f73341dd-600d-46b9-9c8f-0bf0285ccde2.jpe

whatsapp-image-2020-02-02-at-17.19.20.jp

The new stadium is amazing, but lacks our colors (100% gray) and the new food is shit, in the 99 version there were so many options for amazing food, now the whole stadium sells the same shitty food. 

Gonna leave a few videos, first a tour of the stadium and then a few of us making noise. You're gonna understand why I said Bruno is gonna feel at home with the noise and atmosphere NUFC fans can create on St.James

The tour (coudn't find a english version, sorry)

And a few videos of game days (second video covers some games played almost 20years ago, all raw footage from the stands)

A few videos of this years Brazilian cup final, we had lost the first game 4x0 but our fans are insane and always chant 90min no matter what, even the national tv was talking about how crazy the atmosphere was. The last video was made by the club, and the club-fans relationship is REALLY poor, so it's amazing we got one of those. 

and last but not least, the roof opening and closing:

Class post! Welcome to N-O!

JNK your stadium is great and your fans really know how to create an amazing atmosphere

I've been to Flamengo v Vasco at the Maracana, stadium only 50% capacity but the atmosphere was wild. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

On 09/02/2022 at 15:15, HTT II said:

Stop it, you’re quickly becoming one of my fave posters man!

Well, as long as I have something to share why not post it?

On 09/02/2022 at 21:40, LRD said:

The grey seats were what caught my eyes too. Seeing that you are the sole tenants, is there any reason why they are not in the club colours of red and/or black? 

@LRD Had forgotten to reply you, our "owner"(president since 95) says it's because it's suposed to be a multi-events arena and that the fans should color it, but I call BS, he's always been keen on sharing our stadium with Coritiba to manage costs togheter since theirs is a dump, but they were too proud to accept it.

On 09/02/2022 at 22:11, Disco said:

Lovely stuff. There was a lad on here who used to live in Curitiba I’m sure, name escapes me though.

Main knowledge I have of At. Paranaense is from the 2013 when there was massive riot in the stands at the end of the season against someone or other and Im sure one (or more) people died. I was in Brazil on holiday and it was all over the news and remember speaking to locals and even they were saying it was particularly bad compared to usual.

He actually DM'ed me, nice lad! I remember that fight, was a game against Vasco played in Joinville, the fight was awful, they were being relegated and we were like 4 goals ahead I believe, their hooligans (best term I can use, honestly) invaded our side of the stadium but not the side that our hooligans were (we have organized fan clubs here that are hooligan like) they were running towards our women and children, than our fans quickly ran towards them to intercept and all hell broke loose. I honestly tought someone was gonna die that day.

On 09/02/2022 at 22:32, Yorkie said:

Looks like an incredible atmosphere. Can imagine it's really suffocating for the opposition when the roof is closed. Cheers for sharing. :)

You have no idea man, when we have all 42000 seats ocupied is madening

On 10/02/2022 at 04:25, Pardiola said:

Great post, that. :thup:

JNK is N-O’s Bruno, fantastic January transfer window signing for the board. The reinvigorated Flip is Big Joe.

Also chuffed to see that not all new posters have to be absolute whoppers, was beginning to lose the faith.

Lol, that way I'm going to get full of myself

On 10/02/2022 at 04:56, AJ9 said:

Class post! Welcome to N-O!

Thx mate! 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

JNK your stadium is great and your fans really know how to create an amazing atmosphere

I've been to Flamengo v Vasco at the Maracana, stadium only 50% capacity but the atmosphere was wild. 

Almost every stadium in Brazil has great atmosphere. Every single one has a group of fans we call bateria that plays samba-like instruments on the stadium (I used to be part of my colege Bateria actually and played in a Samba School too).

Tbh the difference our fans have over most others is that since we're a medium club (we used to be really small till 95 and never looked back since we started growing) we also only demand a club that tries (love that photo of the banner on your stadium)  and chant the whole 90 minutes if our players at least have the guts to try,  when we get big titles is a really big ocasion, were only 1 time league title winners, 1 time brazilian cup winners and 2 times sulamericana winners (europa league like)the rest of our titles are regionals and small tournaments.

Btw, I haven't really found a clip that shows what I mean by the atmosphere in Baixada, specially if you consider that the pitch is only 6m from the stands. .

This one KINDA translates what I mean, specially when we have 40voices chanting togheter.

this one we're telling Coxa (coritiba) to take it up their asses, the music is based on another brick in the wall.

Also the skulls on our stands are really famous around brazil as well (and they're REALLY heavy). There are some players who said on tv that they're scary from the pitch. 

caveira.jpgcaveira13.jpg 

Edited by JNK

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, LFEE said:

Get the engineering company's number. Reckon we'll do that to Leazes Terrace on matchday. Put them away underground so our East stand can be expanded.

Edited by nufcjb

6 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Get the engineering company's number. Reckon we'll do that to Leazes Terrace on matchday. Put them away underground so our East stand can be expanded.

Think I would like to see it working for at least 12 months first, through various weather/temperatures.

something about that whole set up that terrifies me. I can see it not lining up properly or someone disappearing down a join.

😂 other than that it does look very impressive.