Swansea City 2-2 Newcastle United - 4/10/14 - Post match reaction from page 31

Mike

The game was notable only for the fall-off in Swansea's forward movement....this has dropped off noticeably since Laudrup was manager when they were always likely to catch teams on the break. In fact, they took so long to get moving forward when they gained possession(too many players were passing to a team-mate who was either marked or in their own half of the field)that it was like watching NUFC..obviously, Monk is from the Pardew school of management and it will be interesting to see how they do from now on in...they have already now gone 5 games without a win.

As for NUFC, we would never have got anything from this game if a) Krul hadn't produced 2 great saves from Bony and Cisse had not suddenly decided  to do what he is best at, i.e. instinctive striking rather than thinking about it.

The net result is that Pardew survives once again and even a draw against Leicester will remove any pressure from him by Ashley until at least December. It is as clear as the nose on Shelvey's face that Ashley will do everything to avoid sacking Pardew, either from bloody-mindedness in wanting to spite the fans and 'prove' them wrong, or just to avoid a pay-out until he himself decides to leave the club...maybe even a combination of both.

There is no doubt in my mind(or many others, come to that) that these players would show an improvement under a better manager but it will be a long time before that theory is put to the test.

Only boycotting is a weapon and I suspect that many decent former fans have already opted for that...we will lose a generation of young supporters before Ashley goes.

I think we scored 2 goals from 3 shots on target basically. Other than that we were pretty much clueless for 90 mins.

Two goals that no one other than Cisse could have scored. Yes, that includes the second goal because no other fucker on the team gets in that position.

Had absolutely no idea that Vorm had gone to Spurs, just been checking the injury table to try and figure out why he wasn't playing. What a daft bloody move to make.

Thanks for informing me too Wullie about this transfer.

:lol:

I always rated Vorm too, he won't get many games there sadly.

I only half watched this game, more so listened to the commentary. Was modding my PC at the time so just had this open on the laptop.

Came across like we still had massive issues defending but when we actually stick a lad who can finish up front (which Cisse is the only one we have) we are starting to find the net again. There was spell late in the game where we actually looked fairly decent pressing and moving the ball around with Swansea a bit nervously defending. It's annoying as a draw away at Swansea is a tidy result for us really, but we so badly needed a raping for it to possibly be Pardew's last game. To be winless when nearly a 5th of the season is over is pathetic, in particular consider the 2014 form as a whole as well, but it's still not enough for Ashley.

Sadly the best thing we can hope for is a minor injury to Cisse. If there's any silver lining at the moment it's that if we do rid Pardew we still have a decent striker in Cisse. I'm really shocked he's banged in this many straight after coming back from an injury. Has he surpassed his tally for last season in the league yet? :lol:

There was spell late in the game where we actually looked fairly decent pressing and moving the ball around with Swansea a bit nervously defending.

That was when we went two up top.  Looked much better.

There was spell late in the game where we actually looked fairly decent pressing and moving the ball around with Swansea a bit nervously defending.

That was when we went two up top.  Looked much better.

Think 95% of the fans could tell we needed two up top after the Man.City game.

Ridiculous that we've only had two strikers on the pitch for 15mins of the season so far.

Saying that Ashley is a bigger problem as a means to justify not sacking Pardew is nonsense. It's like having Ebola and AIDS at the same time. Ashley is AIDS, Pardew is Ebola. Just because you have AIDS doesn't mean you shouldn't try and get rid of the Ebola.

Yes, in the long term AIDS will kill you and will always be there hovering over you in the background. Much like Ashley. But you can still live a relatively good life with AIDS, in the short-term. With Ebola, you can't. Every day is awful and your existence a misery. That's Pardew. Every day he is in charge it makes being a fan suck. Without Ebola (ie. a better manager), we could still enjoy matchdays, not wanting to see the team lose, we could still play a brand of football that isn't turgid and negative. We could enjoy having a manager who isn't smug and arrogant and who doesn't have a list of excuses longer than John Holmes' shaft. One that doesn't blame the fans for bad results, or science, or the Nothing Hill carnival. Ebola will also kill you in the short-term, much like we are in danger of being relegated under Pardew.

That at least made sense in my head  :lol:

Thats actually a great analogy  :lol:

It's spot on

I honestly don't want us to lose anymore.  I think it's pretty clear by now that no amount of losses will result in Pardew's sacking and I'd much rather pick up some vital points than see us in the Championship and still be stuck with him.

By all means the protests should continue, mostly because he's a cunt and it feels good to make sure he knows what we think about him, but I'm done cheering against my own team.

Hopefully all the abuse will make him go mental and headbutt Ashley or something.  A breakdown of his personal relationship with the ownership (or a change in ownership) is the only way he leaves the club.

I honestly don't want us to lose anymore.  I think it's pretty clear by now that no amount of losses will result in Pardew's sacking and I'd much rather pick up some vital points than see us in the Championship and still be stuck with him.

By all means the protests should continue, mostly because he's a cunt and it feels good to make sure he knows what we think about him, but I'm done cheering against my own team.

Hopefully all the abuse will make him go mental and headbutt Ashley or something.  A breakdown of his personal relationship with the ownership (or a change in ownership) is the only way he leaves the club.

:thup:

In the same place as you.

SUPPORTING DA TEAM NOT DA REGIME.

Or something. I don't even fucking know anymore, man. It's too confusing being a Newcastle fan right now.

Guest firetotheworks

I couldn't support that team if I wanted to. My heart's not in it whilst they're managed by that embarrassment.

Guest ameobix2

Cisse in numbers v Swansea... 3 shots on target, 2 goals, 2 tackles, 1 foul won, 6 50/50 battles won.

www.oulala.com/en/player-profile/papiss-demba-cisse/1933