Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So the family involved in the harassment of the victim are going to be paying his salary, paying for any lost sponsorship, and are mates with the Oldham chairman. So effectively these wicked people are buying his place in football.

So the family involved in the harassment of the victim are going to be paying his salary, paying for any lost sponsorship, and are mates with the Oldham chairman. So effectively these wicked people are buying his place in football.

any different to someone buying a seat in an F1 car and displacing someone who has talent but no cash

Evans has never distanced himself from this "movement" supporting him, right?

Football clubs are social institutions, they have no obligation to bring convicted criminals back into the establishment, they have a choice. If this was us, I'd prefer it if we didn't, especially in this particular case because of the nature of the crime and the criminal's behaviour in the aftermath.

I feel this case is similar to Luke McCormick at Plymouth. Killed two children while drink-driving, now club captain.

There are other ways back into society, I don't see why football clubs have to shoulder that responsibility.

Didn't realise that about McCormick. Ugh. That's much worse than this.

Generally agree with your post. Not of particular relevance to Evans himself but I can't stand this line of "he has to be allowed to work again and football is his job."

Cool, we'll just let rapist police officers back into uniform when they get out in that case.

Football clubs are social institutions, they have no obligation to bring convicted criminals back into the establishment, they have a choice. If this was us, I'd prefer it if we didn't, especially in this particular case because of the nature of the crime and the criminal's behaviour in the aftermath.

I feel this case is similar to Luke McCormick at Plymouth. Killed two children while drink-driving, now club captain.

There are other ways back into society, I don't see why football clubs have to shoulder that responsibility.

Generally agree with your post. Not of particular relevance to Evans himself but I can't stand this line of "he has to be allowed to work again and football is his job."

Cool, we'll just let rapist police officers back into uniform when they get out in that case.

Pretty sure a criminal record disqualifies you from police work (at least over here), so it's not the same.

Anyway, clubs do have a choice, but that also means they can chose "yes" without being accused of doing something egregious. Once somebody is out of jail, his debt is paid. If there are issues about this particular guy not showing remorse or not having "learnt the lesson" fingers should be pointed at the sentence he was given (he only served half of it, two years and a half sounds a bit lenient if he indeed was proven guilty of rape), not to the football club that's choosing to employ him again once he's done the time.

Read an article which had the closing line 'If all who'd done what Evans did were sent to jail then most football teams wouldn't be able to put out a full team each week, and a lot of nightclubs would be half empty each weekend. '

What was the publication, "Rapist's Weekly"??  :lol:

Lols. Just to prove I'm not an avid reader of Rapist's Weekly..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11226209/Ched-Evans-Sorry-but-all-rapes-are-not-the-same.html

Read an article which had the closing line 'If all who'd done what Evans did were sent to jail then most football teams wouldn't be able to put out a full team each week, and a lot of nightclubs would be half empty each weekend. '

What was the publication, "Rapist's Weekly"??  :lol:

Lols. Just to prove I'm not an avid reader of Rapist's Weekly..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11226209/Ched-Evans-Sorry-but-all-rapes-are-not-the-same.html

Tremendously stupid article, but this unnerved me the most:

That’s the Nineteen Seventies, by the way, children, not the Eighteen Seventies.

:harry:

I can't stand the idea that he's (was) being prevented from taking up his chosen profession by mouthpieces and keyboard warriors. Don't kid yourself, plenty of clubs would have taken him ages ago for football reasons but were simply scared to do for fear of the backlash.

He doesn't "have" to be allowed back to football but he has a legal right to do it and presumably has something to offer on the pitch so clubs should be free to make a football decision. It's not about being allowed, he is legally allowed.

Fucking murderers playing man. :lol:

any different to someone buying a seat in an F1 car and displacing someone who has talent but no cash

Not really because Oldham are essentially being paid to overlook his crimes.

Kids f***ed, might as well give up now and see if Asda will take him stacking shelves

I don't even see this as a joke. It's exactly what he should do. He had a great opportunity, he f***ed it up. Be thankful to be out of prison and put in a shift at a normal, profileless job.

Kids f***ed, might as well give up now and see if Asda will take him stacking shelves

I don't even see this as a joke. It's exactly what he should do. He had a great opportunity, he f***ed it up. Be thankful to be out of prison and put in a shift at a normal, profileless job.

I do not agree with you.

Exactly. He'd be lucky to get a job at all with a criminal record, he shouldn't be so fussy.

He doesn't "have" to be allowed back to football but he has a legal right to do it and presumably has something to offer on the pitch so clubs should be free to make a football decision. It's not about being allowed, he is legally allowed.

eh, what legal right?  Yes he is legally allowed, but this is not the same as a right.  I'm fairly sure that I'd find it near impossible to get back in to my field of work if I were a convicted rapist, and I'm not even in the public eye.  Yes I think he should be allowed to work, no I do not believe that he has a right to be paid footballer, that's a privilege not a right.  I don't believe for one second that Oldham would be so interested in signing him if it were not for the fact he is far better than anyone else they could normally afford; amazing value for money because his reputation is so damaged.

Guest Roger Kint

Agree. To be honest with his appeal he should have stepped back from football until it was over one way or the other. His name being in the spotlight and the non apology/remorse stuff hasnt been good for anyone.

eh, what legal right?  Yes he is legally allowed, but this is not the same as a right.  I'm fairly sure that I'd find it near impossible to get back in to my field of work if I were a convicted rapist, and I'm not even in the public eye.  Yes I think he should be allowed to work, no I do not believe that he has a right to be paid footballer, that's a privilege not a right.  I don't believe for one second that Oldham would be so interested in signing him if it were not for the fact he is far better than anyone else they could normally afford; amazing value for money because his reputation is so damaged.

He has a legal right to seek employment in whatever field he so chooses. The only reason he's not already playing football again is due to the pressure being exerted on clubs that would otherwise have signed him ages back.

He has a legal right to seek employment in whatever field he so chooses. The only reason he's not already playing football again is due to the pressure being exerted on clubs that would otherwise have signed him ages back.

wo

But why should he be allowed back?  Would you be happy if he was employed to work alongside your missus?  First works do where she has a few too many shandys would you expect him to get her a taxi to ensure that she gets home safe and sound, or do you think he'd take advantage and have her panties down and be in balls deep before you can say 'Why did they employ him?'

He, along with all people released from prison, might as well just go and jump off a bridge based on your logic. Why doesn't he just settle for a life on the dole taking taxpayer's money if he's only allowed to apply for perceived shit jobs. He has a right to seek employment in any area he chooses. If clubs won't employ him then he will have to look somewhere else, fair enough. 

wo

But why should he be allowed back?  Would you be happy if he was employed to work alongside your missus?  First works do where she has a few too many shandys would you expect him to get her a taxi to ensure that she gets home safe and sound, or do you think he'd take advantage and have her panties down and be in balls deep before you can say 'Why did they employ him?'

Because the law permits him to. Similarly it permits employers to not offer him employment based on his conviction. You're making an issue where there isn't one.

He, along with all people released from prison, might as well just go and jump off a bridge based on your logic. Why doesn't he just settle for a life on the dole taking taxpayer's money if he's only allowed to apply for perceived shit jobs. He has a right to seek employment in any area he chooses. If clubs won't employ him then he will have to look somewhere else, fair enough. 

This is the point. He's not in a position to be fussy and there is no entitlement. Football has no obligation to take him back and he should be more than happy to work at a 'shit' job. He needs to accept he screwed up his career and it's over.