Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if he wins his re-trial, and looking at the balance of evidence, suspect he likely will, I can see him aggressively pushing for counter charges against her, as well as some action against his former club, the ring leaders of that petition, Jessica Ennis, etc. Nothing like a couple of years in nick and the loss of your career to get your back up slightly.

Could get incredibly messy.

I'd hope if the future allegations weren't proven then he'd have serious claims against all those that conspired to put him away, we're not just talking about him losing out on a job at Tesco here. And the media/public witch-hunt needs addressing too - ruining people's lives over false allegations is terrible in the extreme. It could turn out that he ends up getting prosecuted after the retrial but if not his name has still been tarnished immensely and his loss of earnings and being banged up would require major compensation, let alone a lot of people eating humble pie and apologising (not that that would ever happen).

I get the feeling there's always a complete lack of quality in getting to the bottom of these sort of things and instead they just get chucked out amongst the baying mob, regardless of the facts of the cases. Public outrage over the idea of something seems to outweigh the actual getting to the crux of the matter and always overules any common sense being taken in to account.

if he wins his re-trial, and looking at the balance of evidence, suspect he likely will, I can see him aggressively pushing for counter charges against her, as well as some action against his former club, the ring leaders of that petition, Jessica Ennis, etc. Nothing like a couple of years in nick and the loss of your career to get your back up slightly.

I'd hope if the future allegations weren't proven then he'd have serious claims against all those that conspired to put him away

Who are you talking about here exactly?

Guest Phillipealbert

I'd hope if the future allegations weren't proven then he'd have serious claims against all those that conspired to put him away

I assume the Complaint and if proven, any co-conspiritants (is that a word? :))

The braying mob weren't after putting him away, but extra-judicial punishment is wrong in the extreme amd needs addressing.

I'd hope if the future allegations weren't proven then he'd have serious claims against all those that conspired to put him away, we're not just talking about him losing out on a job at Tesco here. And the media/public witch-hunt needs addressing too - ruining people's lives over false allegations is terrible in the extreme. It could turn out that he ends up getting prosecuted after the retrial but if not his name has still been tarnished immensely and his loss of earnings and being banged up would require major compensation, let alone a lot of people eating humble pie and apologising (not that that would ever happen).

I get the feeling there's always a complete lack of quality in getting to the bottom of these sort of things and instead they just get chucked out amongst the baying mob, regardless of the facts of the cases. Public outrage over the idea of something seems to outweigh the actual getting to the crux of the matter and always overules any common sense being taken in to account.

He should have been put away though because he was found guilty :lol:

The problems came afterwards once he'd served his time, football fans deciding they hate sex offenses when it suits them forcing Oldham to withdraw their offer despite the wishes of them and their fans. Not much you can do about that though.

The braying mob weren't after putting him away, but extra-judicial punishment is wrong in the extreme amd needs addressing.

Co-conspirators!  :lol:  What do you imagine happened, a secret meeting between people with the sole aim of getting Ched Evans sent down for a couple of years?

Guest Phillipealbert

A lot of this could be avoided purely by having anonymity for Defendants until conviction.

Absolutely 100% agree. It's an utter disgrace that innocent (until proven guilty) people have their lives ruined.

A lot of this could be avoided purely by having anonymity for Defendants until conviction.

Absolutely 100% agree. It's an utter disgrace that innocent (until proven guilty) people have their lives ruined.

Wouldn't have helped Ched Evans much.

Guest Phillipealbert

Co-conspirators!  :lol:  What do you imagine happened, a secret meeting between people with the sole aim of getting Ched Evans sent down for a couple of years?

I didn't say that. IF it turns out there was encouragement from someone else (I haven't seen this new evidence yet) then this may lead to something else.

It was a suggestion, you tit. :lol:

Phillipealbert seems to have a bit of a problem with women, like. Wreaking lingering resentment in most posts. Not all, but those posts that are not are tranished by those that do and it's not fair on the posts that aren't entirely sweeping statements.

Crying rape, ffs. Have a word with yourself.

Noodles is Noodles.

His views on most things are pretty disgusting

If he is found to be not guilty, this will discourage any lass from coming forward over similar allegations. She's had enough s*** from people already, even when he was guilty.

He's not guilty, and only will be if he gets found guilty.

Rapists are disgusting and deserve everything they get, but I hope you're aware that less than 10% of accused rapists are proven guilty in court. I'm not suggesting that means 90% are innocent, but it's clear that crying rape is a huge problem, for two reasons:

1. Innocent people are being accused of rape and having their lives destroyed.

2. Actual rape victims have to face the 'cry rape' stigma because of those who do 'cry rape'.

In my opinion, the penalty for crying rape needs stiffening (although I acknowledge that the majority of cases will end not-guilty both ways on lack of evidence).

The clear-up rate for burglaries is similar, about 10% as well. It's a real problem, all these people pretending they've been burgled. Throw away the key I say.

:lol: :thup:

In terms of repercussions from false allegations, I don't think the allegations came from the alleged victim in the first place, did they? Might be wrong, but I thought she reported that she woke up semi-naked in a puddle of urine, the police investigated and found evidence like the text messages and CCTV. Based on what they uncovered during the investigation, it was the police that made an allegation of rape and decided to prosecute.

In terms of repercussions from false allegations, I don't think the allegations came from the alleged victim in the first place, did they? Might be wrong, but I thought she reported that she woke up semi-naked in a puddle of urine, the police investigated and found evidence like the text messages and CCTV. Based on what they uncovered during the investigation, it was the police that made an allegation of rape and decided to prosecute.

They should all be arrested then.

Guest Phillipealbert

Phillipealbert seems to have a bit of a problem with women, like. Wreaking lingering resentment in most posts. Not all, but those posts that are not are tranished by those that do and it's not fair on the posts that aren't entirely sweeping statements.

How fucking dare you. Read my posts carefully. At no point have I mentioned males or females. In case you hadn't noticed, rape can work both ways. Also, note that when I have used the term 'cry rape', I have done so in inverted commas (as in they are not my words) and I certainly haven't said that the complaint in the case in hand 'cried rape'.

Your faux-rage is typical of those who don't really understand what is being debated, so you just take the safe option and join the braying mob.

I have only been speaking objectively, and certainly haven't suggested anything like 'all women are liars' or whatever you are implying.

Simply wanting rape cases to be handled in an objective fashion, with anonymity until proven guilty for all does not make me some sort of sexist pig.

I would normally be polite, but since you started it, you can go and fuck yourself, and take your false, fashionably offended atitude with you. How dare you try and play the sexist card at me, just because you don't agree with what I have said.

Guest Phillipealbert

Noodles is Noodles.

His views on most things are pretty disgusting

I was going to send a sensible reply, but looking at your other posts, I'd be wasting my time. Instead. A couple of things:

1. I don't know who Noodles is. (It certainly isn't me).

2. Please quote anything that I have said that is 'disgusting'.