Asian Cup 2015

oldtype

I was going to say them or South Korea instead of Iraq but figured since I was going with three obscure footballing countries I had to complete the list with another. Also, someone from my home state is playing for Iraq.

What's his name?

Justin Meram, was subbed on in their first game. He's been playing in MLS for a few seasons now, was on Univ. of Michigan's team with a someone I've played against (was in MLS, now plays in Thailand) a number of times. Both recently switched allegiances to Iraq and Lebanon since they'd never get in the US team.

Loser of Korea v. Aussies is guaranteed to get China.  (as opposed to the Uzbeks or Saudis)

I think I'll take that loss now.

I'm confident we can beat any of China, Uzbekistan or Saudi Arabia. 

Well, that makes one of us.

Thoughts on most impressive teams? Players? So far?

Aussies looked decent albeit against shite opposition.  S.Korea were gash.  If China can keep the form of the 2nd half against the Uzbeks they've got a chance.

Haven't watched Japan and barely caught Australia but I'm guessing they've been the two most impressive teams. I like UAE a lot though, probably don't have enough in them to win it but who knows with that front four. Unfortunately they're pretty weak and awful in the air. China's results have been pretty impressive, not expecting it to last but look a decent unit at least.

Love seeing Qatar rooted to the bottom of their group with no chance of qualifying. That is all.

:thup:

and they auto qualify for 2022 :lol: they'd better find some more Brazilians to naturalize over the next few years.

Love seeing Qatar rooted to the bottom of their group with no chance of qualifying. That is all.

:thup:

and they auto qualify for 2022 :lol: they'd better find some more Brazilians to naturalize over the next few years.

Their Aspire Academy absolutely blitzed some youth tournament a couple of years ago, no idea what happened since though.