Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Guest TruToon94

To be honest I don't really want managers buying players... Seriously considering how much time they should really be spending on tactics and training then you get situations like Souness signing players based on videotapes and the like. Unless you're Jose Mourinhino or the like, managers make a lot of pish signings.

To be honest the one ray of hope is Carr in all this as IMHO he's a top quality scout who I'd much rather have in charge of choosing players. His track record since he's been here is nothing short of amazing and the best I've seen in my lifetime since Keegan to be honest. If he's having a say in choosing the manager that can only be a good thing. All signs point to Carver being a temp until the summer at best which in that case I think might be hinting at one of expiring contract managers coming in which I'd take. Pardew was rock bottom, it can't get any worse in any way when it comes to managers.

Carr provided a manager with a competivie and potential top six squad and that t*** though that Williamson and Obertan were better than MYM and Ben Arfa. I think a decent manager will certainly vindicate the way we buy players.

Guest Roger Kint

Carver is now favourite again, based no doubt on Charnley's latest comments:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/newcastle/next-permanent-manager

They'll be desperate for him to win a few games so they can just give it to him full time.

Unless they are betting with firms paying out on a caretaker then its simply morons throwing money away that has the odds dropping. The idea that Carver would be fulltime coach is clearly laughable

Even if the new Head Coach comes in and immediately improves the first team in a Koeman-esque run, why would they stay at NUFC when they will have offers from other clubs almost immediately?

They would move everytime so that they can buy their own players............

By the very definition of having key decisions taken out of his hands, the head coach is a yes man.

He's basically putting himself out there to be rimmed like f***.

WAT.

Koeman has the exact same "constraints" as any incoming head coach would do as did Pochettino did before him, the only difference being as they actually are good coaches so they were able to develop the players they had.

This may be foreign to you but not every manager is Redknapp, for example Ancelotti has very little say at Madrid.

Koeman has very obviously told Saints who to sign. He's worked with some of them before or knows them from Holland. Elia being the example.

He's told them and they've supported him by buying who he wants. As a result it'd be safe to assume he's got a degree of comfort that his opinion is valued and he's got an influence on personnel.

Our new patsy will be told who he's having. In the same way Pardew was.

There is a fundamental difference.

And, imho, they're a 'Yes Man' because they don't have the freedom/empowerment to decide what they need and to make it happen.

I don't think for a minute that happens at every Premiership club regardless of what our fucknuggets would like you to believe.

Did you think Poyet didn't want/choose Defoe, Redknapp doesn't choose his has-beens like he's done at every club, Allardyce doesn't pick big lumps to play up front like he has done at every club?

These managers decide what they want and the club make it happen.

We tell a 'Coach' what he needs and then tell him who he's having.

It's a glorified bibs and cones job.

Might as well give it Terry MacDermott to keep the boys entertained whilst the suits do the important jobs.

To be honest I don't really want managers buying players... Seriously considering how much time they should really be spending on tactics and training then you get situations like Souness signing players based on videotapes and the like. Unless you're Jose Mourinhino or the like, managers make a lot of pish signings.

To be honest the one ray of hope is Carr in all this as IMHO he's a top quality scout who I'd much rather have in charge of choosing players. His track record since he's been here is nothing short of amazing and the best I've seen in my lifetime since Keegan to be honest. If he's having a say in choosing the manager that can only be a good thing. All signs point to Carver being a temp until the summer at best which in that case I think might be hinting at one of expiring contract managers coming in which I'd take. Pardew was rock bottom, it can't get any worse in any way when it comes to managers.

Carr provided a manager with a competivie and potential top six squad and that t*** though that Williamson and Obertan were better than MYM and Ben Arfa. I think a decent manager will certainly vindicate the way we buy players.

Exactly. The key to yesterday's statement was the confirmation of Carr's major involvement.

The guy has managed to get in quality players despite Ashley's cheapness and in spite of Pardew moaning on about prem experienced has beens.

Carr is someone I do trust in all of this. Having watched Pardew waste a lot of his hardwork, I just can't imagine him signing off on a rubbish manager.

If he's taken the signing of players so seriously, how could he possibly accept it? There's hope I think.

Pinning your hopes on a 70 year old bloke, what could go wrong?

The systemic advantage of having the suits make the signings only works when you have a succession plan for the plum sticking the cones out. They've admitted they didn't have that.

Even if the new Head Coach comes in and immediately improves the first team in a Koeman-esque run, why would they stay at NUFC when they will have offers from other clubs almost immediately?

By the very definition of having key decisions taken out of his hands, the head coach is a yes man.

WAT.

Koeman has the exact same "constraints" as any incoming head coach would do as did Pochettino did before him, the only difference being as they actually are good coaches so they were able to develop the players they had.

This may be foreign to you but not every manager is Redknapp, for example Ancelotti has very little say at Madrid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2915933/Ronald-Koeman-s-smart-Southampton-signings-help-Saints-fly-says-Jose-Fonte.html

Are you suggesting Koeman didn't have a huge influence in many of these signings?

Guest TruToon94

The systemic advantage of having the suits make the signings only works when you have a succession plan for the plum sticking the cones out. They've admitted they didn't have that.

The same 70 year old that brought some of the best player we've had in the millennium.... I'll trust him in a heartbeat, his record speaks for itself.

In response to Minhosa, so with the club having made it clear they will look for someone who is in line with Carr's thinking why do you not think the person would be happy with the players coming in?

Please don't ever mention Pardew having to make do with what he was given. He was over ruled because he was a fucking dunce. He wanted to sign Darren Bent, Sidwell and would have happily given Shola a new deal. They over ruled Pardew because he was an idiot.

If we had Koeman, I'm sure he would have been able to identify players alongside Carr who he liked, and who fit into our so called constraints. Why? because he isn't hung up on prem experienced try hards that simply tow the line and are grateful to be there.

WAT.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2915933/Ronald-Koeman-s-smart-Southampton-signings-help-Saints-fly-says-Jose-Fonte.html

Are you suggesting Koeman didn't have a huge influence in many of these signings?

How many articles talk about Pardews astute signings, you know Perez, Janmaat ect..  I'm sure Koeman had a say, the new man here is supposed to have a say as well, but he won't make the final decision.

The same 70 year old that brought some of the best player we've had in the millennium.... I'll trust him in a heartbeat, his record speaks for itself.

The same bloke who won't be able to brush his own teeth if a few fucking years.

It's not a question of trust man.

Guest TruToon94

In response to Minhosa, so with the club having made it clear they will look for someone who is in line with Carr's thinking why do you not think the person would be happy with the players coming in?

Please don't ever mention Pardew having to make do with what he was given. He was over ruled because he was a f***ing dunce. He wanted to sign Darren Bent, Sidwell and would have happily given Shola a new deal. They over ruled Pardew because he was an idiot.

If we had Koeman, I'm sure he would have been able to identify players alongside Carr who he liked, and who fit into our so called constraints. Why? because he isn't hung up on prem experienced try hards that simply tow the line and are grateful to be there.

Thank you! Exactly what I think when people say Pardew didn't have a say in transfers. Thank God too because he's absolutely rubbish when it comes to signing players. The man was given Tevez and Maschereno and Ben Arfa and thinks Zamora, Mullins and Goufran were better.

If he'd had the final say we'd have been relegated. Only the quality of the squad kept us up.

Please don't ever mention Pardew having to make do with what he was given. He was over ruled because he was a fucking dunce. He wanted to sign Darren Bent, Sidwell and would have happily given Shola a new deal. They over ruled Pardew because he was an idiot.

They overruled Pardew because his players wouldn't appreciate in value.

My point is that, of the 3 cogs in the transfer wheel, the coach is the smallest and least influential.

1. Will the signing be cheap/damaged goods.......or have potential for huge upside?

2. Does he tick the box age-wise?

There will be no question of do we need him (Colback/Gosling etc) nor whether the coach actually see's a use for him.

If the kid can play and have the chance to make the club money, then he'll fucking play, whether the coach likes it or not.

Guest TruToon94

The same bloke who won't be able to brush his own teeth if a few f***ing years.

:dowie:

Yeah you're right let's get Wise back in then.

God help us!  :lol:

We are so damaged, we are now worrying about Carr's dementia as a possible reason to perhaps ostracise him?!

Even though he is the only one delivering at this club?

This is really unfortunate man.

He wouldn't have signed without a clause allowing another big move IMO.

Not trying is the bigger problem. No intention of keeping our best players. Cabaye was half-way through a 5-year deal, not a single article about trying to get him to sign a new contract. Same with HBA when he had a couple years left on his contract.

The same bloke who won't be able to brush his own teeth if a few f***ing years.

:dowie:

Yeah you're right let's get Wise back in then.

Yeah. Because that's what I inferred.

My point is that, of the 3 cogs in the transfer wheel, the coach is the smallest and least influential.

1. Will the signing be cheap/damaged goods.......or have potential for huge upside?

There will be no question of do we need him (Colback/Gosling etc) nor whether the coach actually see's a use for him.

If the kid can play and have the chance to make the club money, then he'll fucking play, whether the coach likes it or not.

Pardews suggested signings had no value to begin with, neither financially or as players.  Are you actually saying we should have signed Bent, Sidwell ect?

Also your last sentence is quite clearly rubbish.  How many of our new players did Pardew sit on the bench/ruin?, he was never forced to field any player we signed.  If bringing in a head coach that agrees with/appreciates the kind of player we sign and plays them makes him a yes man then give me a yes man please..

God help us!  :lol:

We are so damaged, we are now worrying about Carr's dementia as a possible reason to perhaps ostracise him?!

Even though he is the only one delivering at this club?

This is really unfortunate man.

There is no long term plan involving Carr traipsing his arse all over Europe looking for damaged/knocked off goods on behalf of Ashley.

Charnley talked of medium/long term planning in last nights article and yet they didn't even have a replacement in mind for AP.

They make it up as they go along. Anything to numb the masses.

Pardews suggested signings had no value to begin with, neither financially or as players.  Are you actually saying we should have signed Bent, Sidwell ect?

Also your last sentence is quite clearly rubbish.  How many of our new players did Pardew sit on the bench/ruin?, he was never forced to field any player we signed.  If bringing in a head coach that agrees with/appreciates the kind of player we sign and plays them makes him a yes man then give me a yes man please..

You'll get one whether you want one or not tbqh.

He'll also fuck off at the first sign of PR disaster or for a better offer where he has some influence.

You heard it here first.

What does any on this have to do with a head coach setup vs a traditional manager?  I'm honestly not sure what your point really is here.  If Ashley and co was bringing in a traditional manager how would that improve our situation?

Minhosa here's a scenario ...

Pardew: I need a centre back

Carr: Okay, we've been scouting a few talented young players who still have room to grow. Anyone in mind?

Pardew: James Tomkins

Carr: Um ... not really feasible. West Ham will ask silly money and he doesn't really fit the criteria of the type of player the club prefers to bring in. Here's the guys we have been scouting. There's lots of options to choose from. Let's discuss these.

Pardew: (In a sulk) But I want Tomkins! I want prem experience.

Carr: I understand. But a lot of work has gone into scouting these players, and they are just as good. They also fit in with what the owner has said he'd prefer us to go for. We can find someone who works for everyone.

Pardew: (mumbling) I don't know these players. But whatever ... just get me a centre back.

Few weeks later ...

Carr: We've signed a young centre back who was really doing well in France and emerging for their national team, Yanga - Mbiwa.

Pardew: How tall is he?

Carr: What?!

Pardew: Nothing ... never mind.

Few months later ...

Carr: Why isn't Yanga-Mbiwa getting a game? What's the problem? He was beginning to come along during that short run he had starting ...

Pardew: He won't play. He's a freak and a weirdo.

:dog: