Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I'm trying to work out if it serve them right if carver takes us down

Of course. 6 months "work" looking for a new manager goes down the drain if we also go down the drain.

They love trying to reinvent the rules of football yet we're no further forward than when they came in and in many cases significantly behind.

Exactly aren't we in the same spot as when Houghton was binned?

Revenues have only grown due to the TV deal increasing? The club has been mismanaged at all levels, the only thing they excel at us drilling boreholes and reducing costs.

As if it's really a thing where we'd hate anything he said. If he came out and said we were going to appoint and support a new manager imminently in this transfer window nobody would have been harsh. Instead the bullet points from the interview are:

- Pardew was never in danger of losing his job.

- We're so useless we had no backup plans in place.

- No need to worry about the manager effecting the transfer window because we won't buy anyone anyway.

- We might sell someone important.

- New manager might not be appointed till the summer.

- We've not even considered the threat of awful football performance and relegation.

How could anyone read that article and have a positive response? Reading between the lines it confirms every fear any sensible fan has about the club.

Yup.

Only add:

- We realise we're fucking garbage at communicating with you loyal cunts and, you know what, we don't even have a plan for improving it. And, when we do have that plan, it'll not be fucking me who'll be doing it.

Loved the championship me  :knuppel2:

I did too but don't think we'll get so lucky as we did last time, above all else the squad had actual leaders in it that time, now we have a rather spineless group half of whom would be on the phone to their agents to get them the hell out of here.

I did too but don't think we'll get so lucky as we did last time, above all else the squad had actual leaders in it that time, now we have a rather spineless group half of whom would be on the phone to their agents to get them the hell out of here.

And the Championship imo looks far tougher now than when we went down.

As if it's really a thing where we'd hate anything he said. If he came out and said we were going to appoint and support a new manager imminently in this transfer window nobody would have been harsh. Instead the bullet points from the interview are:

- No need to worry about the manager effecting the transfer window because we won't buy anyone anyway.

- We've not even considered the threat of awful football performance and relegation.

How could anyone read that article and have a positive response? Reading between the lines it confirms every fear any sensible fan has about the club.

Yup.

Only add:

- We realise we're f***ing garbage at communicating with you loyal c***s and, you know what, we don't even have a plan for improving it. And, when we do have that plan, it'll not be f***ing me who'll be doing it.

I could send out my Dog to give an interview and she'd make more noise about enjoying Football than these fools. They just want to squeak by and keep collecting the TV money. They're probably looking at the way Lerner is running Villa with complete envy. Spend nothing, stay up and have the fans hate you. Perfect business model from the total arseholes.

Rather noticeably the question, 'what the hell are you going to do whilst waiting for this miracle appointment in summer'? wasn't asked.

Utter utter lunacy to wait. We're nowhere near safe.

Relegation would be completely deserved.

Not that I think we're necessarily destined for relegation at this point, but I don't think we'd be down long. For all the ambition that Ashley lacks, he definitely doesn't want us in the Championship. That'd be a massive financial hit for him. We'd probably lose our best players to PL clubs, but I have a feeling we could still assemble the strongest side in the Championship.

The thing that gets me is that as fans we sit here and we see the big disasters coming a mile off. Yet when they inevitably happen, Ashley, the board and the media act like it's a big shock. "Oh my god we got relegated, well nobody saw that coming" they'll say after this disaster and yet us as fans will have been screaming to them about it for six months. What plain of reality are these morons living on?

The thing that gets me is that as fans we sit here and we see the big disasters coming a mile off. Yet when they inevitably happen Ashley, the board and the media act like it's a big shock. "Oh my god we got relegated, well nobody saw that coming." They'll say after this disaster and yet us as fans will have been screaming to them about it for six months. What plain of reality are these morons living on?

Agreed.

I hope they are going to make an actual decision on who the manager will be rather than just wait until the Summer.  If they defer the decision, then I would expect the better names will get better offers in the meantime or will end up being unimpressed with our approach and end up declining any offer.

They always seem to want to set themselves apart from everyone else and do things differently but unfortunately it never ends up with us doing any better than anyone else.  But I guess this is the way they do things at Sports Direct and after all we are only a department within that company.

Decent summary when you take away all the layers of verbal makeup :thup:

Club. :hmm:

Fair points. These guys don't seem to want a football club, at least not one reflecting the pride of the city; It's all fairly sensible stuff if he was addressing an AGM, but as a passionate rally to the supporters it's fucking woeful.

It reads like they've got a fairly solid idea of their 'ideal world', but no fucking idea of how to achieve it.

In answer to the poll, the answer is no. It just reads like more empty promises and, although I could handle waiting till the summer if it meant getting the perfect manager, it's a depressing reminder that the football is secondary. If they cared about the state of the club as a footballing entity or had any ambition whatsoever, the man they wanted would have been through the door more-or-less immediately.

The blurbs about structure and about transfers is just a confirmation of what we already knew/predicted would happen.

As has been said, it's all just very transparent and I can't help taking everything said from a cynical standpoint. If people whom have been in two minds about renewing renew on the back of that, I feel embarrassed for them.

What the fuck is Charnley on about that some candidates 'genuinely can't move now'?

Completely unwilling to pay a single penny in compensating another team to hire their manager.

Well, he suggests that they are.

There are some that can [come now], whether they are tied to other clubs but have a compensation element involved or are out-of-work.

Remember that time when we thought we had a chance with Remi Garde?

What a time that was.

I'm already looking forward to the next bullshit we let ourselves fall for, player/manager/whatever whilst ignoring the little voice at the back of our minds saying 'don't be stupid, ain't gonna happen'.

Sick as fuck