NUFC Sporting Ambition

Minhosa

Think that last bit is the key. I know football fans are a captive audience but it will die a slow death if there isn't any reason to support. Even when we nearly got relegated pre-Keegan there was an actual football objective at stake.

That's the difference when people reference the mckeags. Admittedly I wasn't alive then but the Top flight in its current iteration and the nature of ownership seems pretty incomparable.

Think that last bit is the key. I know football fans are a captive audience but it will die a slow death if there isn't any reason to support. Even when we nearly got relegated pre-Keegan there was an actual football objective at stake.

That's the difference when people reference the mckeags. Admittedly I wasn't alive then but the Top flight in its current iteration and the nature of ownership seems pretty incomparable.

Save for people's accounts on here, the only barometer of fan passion through the years I have is my Dad. Though I've never known him to be an absolutely obsessive fan, I've never known him to be this utterly disinterested. He doesn't have a shred of interest when it comes to watching the games and I doubt he could tell you a thing about anyone in our squad who hasn't been here for at least a year. He tells me the only other time he's ever been like this was in the years just prior to Keegan's arrival. Knowing that his interest climbed from 0 to 100 throughout the 90s/00s (including during my childhood, the influencing bastard) gives me hope that things will change in the future. However inherently wrong I believe large parts of the game to be these days.

Were those years really comparable to what we're in now?

Our last shred of hope is that Fatty keeps to his word and sells us in 2016... He should make a mint tbf, profit making team in mid table mediocrity.

Or he has a heart attack and drops dead? (sorry! it's that bad...)

Our last shred of hope is that Fatty keeps to his word and sells us in 2016... He should make a mint tbf, profit making team in mid table mediocrity.

Wasn't it somethign along the lines of "2016 at the earliest"?

Guest alijmitchell

Ha ha yeah 22 buck to see that is extortionate. I mean I couldn't find the fun in it at all really, other than the drinking!

Guest Brendan_Rice

Aye, and that was before all the TV money was being thrown about

Ha ha yeah 22 buck to see that is extortionate. I mean I couldn't find the fun in it at all really, other than the drinking!

Suppose I got to go to the trainspotting pub! You're right, the drinking is fun :lol:

The crosslands? ...been in there a few times when I've went to watch Motherwell play at Firhill........it's such a fucking grim area

Guest alijmitchell

Ha ha, the Crosslands really isn't that bad. You're at the top of Queen Margaret Drive, which is bonafide West End. If you think Maryhill/crosslands is shit you really haven't seen much of Glasgow! Anyway, apologies for derailing the convo

Yeah, but do people really believe he will sell after 2016.

History suggests it's a stone faced lie to apease the paying fans. ( See the Mr Garde situation, Keegan court case and many others).

Unless the Business (NUFC) is a stone round his neck, he will continue to milk it for every drop of cash he can get. Until that day he is here to stay.

I travel overseas a lot with work, and can be sent almost anywhere in the world. Even 2 years ago I'd never miss a Newcastle match, irrespective of the time zone I was in or what time it meant stopping up until with work the next day.

Now even when I'm in the UK and the match is on a weekend, I'd rather go shopping with the wife.

I've been going to Newcastle games for 25 years and there'll never be another club that can replace them in my heart, but I can't take interest in a team that isn't even interested in itself.

The most damning indictment of this regime yet tbh. :lol:

So true too :okay:

I'd chip in on a Hitman, how much are their services going for these days?

3995. Call it 4 grand.

I'll chip in the fiver to make it up to £4k

I know a bloke who's got a broomhandle Mauser.

I'd chip in on a Hitman, how much are their services going for these days?

3995. Call it 4 grand.

I'll chip in the fiver to make it up to £4k

I know a bloke who's got a broomhandle Mauser.

I say just use the broom handle, slower, more painful. It's getting a bit dark right now isn't it? We're clearly going to get an authoritative knock on the front door in the morning :lol: