The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

if we ever got to a final I'd expect us to perform like villa have today

You mean like how we did against Man United and Arsenal? :lol:

We were better than this, easily.

The gap between our potential is about the same imo. Our players were far better than Villas, our performances were really poor in the circumstances. Particularly against Arsenal.

Maybe. We played the champions on both occasions though and as I recall it we held up play OK and had a few chances. Remember Shearer hitting the post.

I'll have to give the highlights a rewatch but that Shearer shot was all I remember us creating and he completely made that chance for himself, he had no right to score from where he was.

Dabizas hit the bar n'arl.

Guest firetotheworks

Villa should have had 2 pens. It wouldn't have made a difference even if it spurred them onto better things imo. Still though, the ref's got the big decisions wrong.

Sissoko good enough for this Arsenal team? Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

I think he would be class for arsenal tbh.

If he played yeah, but they have better players all over the pitch.

:thup: Was going to type  that. Also, I really like Giroud, but he's way too inconsistent. They need a healthy left-back and a striker and then I think they could seriously be a real challenger in the league. So many good midfielders, especially when Özil wants to play.

Villa should have had 2 pens. It wouldn't have made a difference even if it spurred them onto better things imo. Still though, the ref's got the big decisions wrong.

First one was clearly outside the box, foul yes but not a pen.

Guest firetotheworks

First one was clearly outside the box, foul yes but not a pen.

It never works like that when they're falling into the box these days. I've seen a few given like that, it's weird.

Again, Given definitely should have saved Sanchez's shot.

Sissoko good enough for this Arsenal team? Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

I think he would be class for arsenal tbh.

If he played yeah, but they have better players all over the pitch.

:thup: Was going to type  that. Also, I really like Giroud, but he's way too inconsistent. They need a healthy left-back and a striker and then I think they could seriously be a real challenger in the league. So many good midfielders, especially when Özil wants to play.

Think Monreal has been really good this year, no worse than any other contending teams LB, do think they need a mobile forward instead of Giroud though. Opens the game up a lot more for Ozil and Cazorla, maybe Walcott and Sanchez just interchanging could work? time will tell against better teams.

Guest firetotheworks

Murphy giving it to Cazorla :lol: Despite Sanchez clearly being head and shoulders above everyone and no one having mentioned Cazorla at all. What a fucking tit.

Guest firetotheworks

Giroud is quality at scoring after coming on in games that Arsenal already have won

Guest firetotheworks

How does Murphy keep getting the gig? He's horrendous.

Absolute prick interrupting the commentator man.

Villa can feel a little aggrieved they didn't get at least 1 penalty, but to be fair they were beaten all over the pitch, fair result in the end. Ref is still definitely a product of FIFA though, bent bastard.

Guest firetotheworks

I sort of miss Sánchez, such a quality and indefatigable player; but then again no way we could fit him with the front three we have now.

From what I've seen, your team seemed to make him look like quite a basic player by comparison. I sometimes get that impression with Pedro too, I really rate him, but sometimes he looks basic by comparison too.