NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

22 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Ouch! Based on those two away shirts, I think the snides are best avoided, unless just for the bairns to knock about in.

Couldn’t buy my kid a knock off like, the ridicule when I was younger from others kids when someone had a snide was insane.

8 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

So no NO approved seller for the home kit yet I take it?

Got my first from Jing, which was a 'player' version, and was generally fine, and has the 'patch' crest and vinyl castore badge.

Ordered a couple more (one each for me and my son) but these are supposed to be 'Fans' versions with the embroidered badges.

If he ballses those up then the juries out on him.... Haha, so Fingers crossed!

But i've said it before, regardless of reviews/orders and others experiences, I think its a pure lottery what will turn up from most of the DHGate sellers.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Couldn’t buy my kid a knock off like, the ridicule when I was younger from others kids when someone had a snide was insane.

Maybe not teens, but I think its perfectly acceptable to buy these for younger kids for knocking about in and ruining, rather than £50 a pop for the genuine ones. Lad at work has 2 sons (under 10s) and he gets them the snides as its roughly £12 each for full kits with shirt, shorts and socks. Same would cost about £60 each for genuine. Its a no brainer for younger bairns, really.

Edited by TK-421

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I mean, assuming the snides are good (which, give it a couple of months, they will be) the joke is very much on anyone dropping £55 more for something that's all but indistinguishable without forensic analysis...

All power to the snide world imo; would love to think their continuing popularity will influence the disgraceful pricing of bona fide versions. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I mean, assuming the snides are good (which, give it a couple of months, they will be) the joke is very much on anyone dropping £55 more for something that's all but indistinguishable without forensic analysis...

All power to the snide world imo; would love to think their continuing popularity will influence the disgraceful pricing of bona fide versions. 

If you can’t tell the difference between the two then fair enough.

I'm being a bit of a knob really. I can't blame anyone for wanting the real thing; just so irked by what companies charge these days. The fakes just prove that the prices really don't need to be so high. 

But I've harped on about this to the point of tedium now so I'll give it a rest for this summer. :lol:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I'm being a bit of a knob really. I can't blame anyone for wanting the real thing; just so irked by what companies charge these days. The fakes just prove that the prices really don't need to be so high. 

But I've harped on about this to the point of tedium now so I'll give it a rest for this summer. :lol:

Totally agree, and I'm at the age now where even though I coudl afford it, I can't justify spending £70 for a football shirt for myself, especially given I wouldn't wear it that often other than watching the match at home or in the pub, so a snide that looks decent enough until scrutinised next to a genuine one, is fine by me. And the snides generally are all much better than they used to be 'when we were kids'.

That said, looks like the green away shirt will stand oot a mile though! Haha

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I don’t and can’t subscribe to the DHgate life. But I respect those who get the massive joy of a proper good fake. :lol: 

I got these last year and I reckon because they’re not commonly seen in the NE then nobody would have the foggiest if they’re fake or not. I still use them for the gym and 5aside.

IMG_0194.jpeg.b65793ef6feb2035abbf2507ee730a18.jpegIMG_0193.jpeg.3a01836ab7fc3e3d95c6765953420973.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

I know we had a football shirts thread previously, but is it time to go full DHGate for all your schnide NUFC and non-NUFC needs?

I must have bought about six from various sellers there and do not have a single complaint. A few peeled sponsors here and there but that's still after lots of wears and washes, and you can elongate the life with a colder temperature and/or turning the shirt inside out. I'm currently rotating last season's Feyenoord home and away for my runs, love em to bits. Just under £30 for the pair. The best NUFC one I got was the blue McEwans away from 93/94 - two or three years ago - and it still looks as good as new, probably thanks to the no-plastic sponsor.