NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

Those shirts are okay but I'm not convinced our designer at adidas has a firm grasp on our history. Yeah we all love the 95-96 away, but its already been redone fairly recently (and quite well) by Puma.

As for that third shirt - how many people actually have fond memories of that? Ruud Guillit and an 11th place finish. And their use of retro badges just seems completely random to me. The 70s-80s badge on the home which is a tribute to the 01-03 shirt makes no sense. And the round NUFn badge belongs on a silver/grey shirt - exactly like this years adidas Real Madrid 3rd shirt in fact. That would have been absolutely perfect and a tribute to genuinely happy times.

I do appreciate that they look like the've used cream on the colour of the away tho, big thumbs up to that. 

I agree with this kit being re done too many times too soon now. 

If they going for the old kit idea. If have liked them to go for the 95/97 one. Or the 97/98 

1 hour ago, Harry 209 said:

I don't think either of these are the real thing. They both have Aeroready labels but have Heat.Rdy fabricScreenshot_20240706_204733_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.cbc1863cae368a4d67ba9454bc43e90e.jpgScreenshot_20240706_204719_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.be1dd2b4e5cb54bed6b1cb0a193df710.jpg

Actually no I'm wrong thats not Heat.Rdy

5 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

An away kit based on the 89/91 yellow and green number is pretty high on my wish list.

Always preferred the 'Norwich' away kit to the yellow and green stripes one, myself

6 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

An away kit based on the 89/91 yellow and green number is pretty high on my wish list.

Or just any kind of original design or creativity would do. It’s contemptuous of fans in my cantankerous view.

On 05/07/2024 at 22:24, Danh1 said:

Hope they do a remake of the orange and dark blue, and the shiney light blue kits over the next couple of years 

Absolutely hated that one at the time and thought it looked c***. but would look awesome now, especially if they stuck sela off centre and rotated it a bit. Was definitely ahead of its time.

Loved the denim one too...pity it could shave your nipples off in 5 minutes

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Friends brother got one of the adidas hoodies and is returning it as the quality is dreadful.  Apparently you can see through it.

Mine is spot on in the maroon.

20 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

Those shirts are okay but I'm not convinced our designer at adidas has a firm grasp on our history. Yeah we all love the 95-96 away, but its already been redone fairly recently (and quite well) by Puma.

As for that third shirt - how many people actually have fond memories of that? Ruud Guillit and an 11th place finish. And their use of retro badges just seems completely random to me. The 70s-80s badge on the home which is a tribute to the 01-03 shirt makes no sense. And the round NUFn badge belongs on a silver/grey shirt - exactly like this years adidas Real Madrid 3rd shirt in fact. That would have been absolutely perfect and a tribute to genuinely happy times.

I do appreciate that they look like the've used cream on the colour of the away tho, big thumbs up to that. 

History is irrelevant to them. I'd wager most of their current designers weren't even alive when those shirts made their debut.

More likely they've looked at the best sellers in the history and gone with it. The white and green thing is most likely a stipulation that at least one of our kits has to be green and or white to fit in with Saudi branding. Seem to recall the original one they've copied was only used once and wasn't hugely popular. Should have aimed for the green McEwan style

Posted (edited)

The home one is an imitation of the 2001 home top but the more I think about it I don’t think that shirt was especially picked and more likely it’s a coincidence that it looks remarkably similar to that shirt. A number of clubs with stripped shirts have that exact template think it’s just the 2024 adidas stripped shirt 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

The home one is an imitation of the 2001 home top but the more I think about it I don’t think that shirt was especially picked and more like it’s a coincidence that it looks remarkably similar to that shirt. A number of clubs with stripped shirts have that exact template 

Well there is only so much you can do to a shirt that has to be black and white stripes without alienating the target audience....remember how much that spiked one was relentlessly mocked as it was a bit different?

17 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well there is only so much you can do to a shirt that has to be black and white stripes without alienating the target audience....remember how much that spiked one was relentlessly mocked as it was a bit different?

Well for me personally I’d want Newcastle’s home shirt not to be exact same as a German side’s 3rd shirt or a championship side’s away shirt. 

i get why Adidas (and other big shirt makers) have the templates but it’s all just a bit shit. 

44 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Friends brother got one of the adidas hoodies and is returning it as the quality is dreadful.  Apparently you can see through it.

I’ve the white one and it’s great. Wearing it today as it happens. 

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

I was going to get one of the hoodies after seeing the images on launch, but last week I saw them up close at the club shop and changed my mind. Didn;t like the material for a hoodie, as probably expected like a typical 'sweat' material, but it was like the nylon tracksuit material, which I don't like as much.

Has Aliexpress went legit? was wanting some knock off tops to take to Greece next month for gifts but they don't seem to show up (unless i'm being an idiot which is very possible)

10 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

Has Aliexpress went legit? was wanting some knock off tops to take to Greece next month for gifts but they don't seem to show up (unless i'm being an idiot which is very possible)

Think they have, you need DHGate

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

Think they have, you need DHGate

ah there you go 'top thailand quality' 

that's what i'm talking about, thankyou kind sir :pow:

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ste_ne24 said:

image.thumb.png.7b4ecdb1dfea1952239e364092ea0fb8.png

stupid question but i assume they add the adidas badge and crest? 

Yes 

I always use soccer03. Never had a bad one yet. 

Edited by gdm

4 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

image.thumb.png.86ab8d0a941df0d839094cd4cc9a9b09.png

Treating myself to a Bruno G Brazil shirt for Ponteland Airport :smitten:

Took the plunge and ordered one each for me and my son, first orders from soccer03.