NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 hour ago, Fak said:

The 96 shirt is being rereleased?

Was back in June when Footyheadlines said it was happening.

Pretty sure I seen next year was the intended release but doubt they'll want to miss Christmas.

Edited by TBG

Just now, TBG said:

Was back in June when Footyheadlines said it was happening.

Pretty sure I seen next year was the intended release but doubt they'll want to miss Christmas.

Class. #11 Asprilla it is. 

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

If they were to remake any non adidas shirt it should be the 94 asics one 

any asics or any adidas from 96-2004 would be a winner. 

totally forgot puma remade Kappas playoff final shirt for Man City this season too. Appears to be quite popular now remaking the vintage stuff regardless of who made the originals

IMG_2474.thumb.webp.2f1fd2b95deb29b9129f6d776abcef6e.webp

13 minutes ago, Fak said:

any asics or any adidas from 96-2004 would be a winner. 

totally forgot puma remade Kappas playoff final shirt for Man City this season too. Appears to be quite popular now remaking the vintage stuff regardless of who made the originals

IMG_2474.thumb.webp.2f1fd2b95deb29b9129f6d776abcef6e.webp

Fair enough. Didn’t realise that was a thing. Suppose I’m looking at it from the point of view that we’ve had adidas before so it’s easy to make adidas remakes but for example if Man City hadn’t had puma before they can only remake other brands 

Edited by gdm

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Good choice 

Tactical thinking. My lass got me a genuine Asprilla 96 home shirt from Classic Football Shirts or something for my birthday a few years ago. It was a size L so a size too big for me. I stupidly tried to hot wash it for the cup final last year so it would fit when I wore it to town. 

it ended up just peeling the letters and numbers off the back. :eek:

She asked me the other week why I never wear it and I told her it’s still boxed up at the back of the garage from when we moved house. (Which is technically true)

if adidas rerelease it with no silly modern twists and it’s a total replica then I may just get away with it. [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Fak said:

Tactical thinking. My lass got me a genuine Asprilla 96 home shirt from Classic Football Shirts or something for my birthday a few years ago. It was a size L so a size too big for me. I stupidly tried to hot wash it for the cup final last year so it would fit when I wore it to town. 

it ended up just peeling the letters and numbers off the back. :eek:

She asked me the other week why I never wear it and I told her it’s still boxed up at the back of the garage from when we moved house. (Which is technically true)

if adidas rerelease it with no silly modern twists and it’s a total replica then I may just get away with it. [emoji38]

:lol: anything to escape the wrath. I hear you 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

I mean can no one read :lol: it says it in the article 

The 2025-2026 Adidas Newcastle United FC jersey features the classic black and white stripes, but with a unique plaid pattern that sets it apart.

That has definitely been edited. :lol:

Still, that sounds potentially decent. I'd happily roll the dice on anything original at this point. 

11 hours ago, geordie_b said:

This was in the club shop tonight, perhaps teasing the 96 rerelease with the old font?

oldfont.jpg

They'd be crazy not to get the 96 shirt out in time for Christmas - the fact the shop have access to this nameset suggests to me the release is imminent.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

That has definitely been edited. :lol:

Still, that sounds potentially decent. I'd happily roll the dice on anything original at this point. 

it didn’t say plaid in the original article I agree. 

i knew not much of Northumbrian plaid so if it’s homage to that, pretty unique.