NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

I'm fine with 'meh' that doesn't try to put out something unique to be a banger but ends up shite. It's a nice kit imo and a middle of the road design quickly becomes iconic if we have a good season in it.

Genuine question for those old enough at the time, was the granddad collar kit universally considered a beauty on reveal? Or did people gradually deem it iconic because of the seasons we were having in them?

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

I'm fine with 'meh' that doesn't try to put out something unique to be a banger but ends up shite. It's a nice kit imo and a middle of the road design quickly becomes iconic if we have a good season in it.

Genuine question for those old enough at the time, was the granddad collar kit universally considered a beauty on reveal? Or did people gradually deem it iconic because of the seasons we were having in them?

I think the general consensus was that it was class...but I was only 11 at the time. 

1 hour ago, wormy said:

I was only 9, but it felt like a massive shock compared to my blue star/mcewans tops when it was revealed. I wasn’t sure from the pictures from the pre-order brochure, maybe due to it being so different compared to what I had always known.

however, on delivery it felt extremely special and a different class of shirt. I don’t think there will ever be such an iconic shirt, as it really felt like such a change in terms of style and materials. I don’t think that’s really possible these days. 

1 hour ago, wormy said:

It was pretty much an instant success.

Decent article on it if you can bear the Chronicle website https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-adidas-grandad-kit-18586343

On 09/03/2024 at 13:29, Geordie Boyo said:

Exclusive *spoiler alert*

there ya go. :bluestar:

IMG_4517.jpeg

Michael Owen-tastic.

Maybe we can get Boumsong back at CB?

18 minutes ago, TBG said:

Skip to 13:31 to see a war crime.

That Cole shirt is unreal.  Want.

The website is a reminder of how much money I have thrown away over the years.

£349.99 for a LS 95-97 H. I had one with Asprilla on the back.

Edited by Sima

On 05/03/2024 at 06:18, Gaztoon said:

that scarf Mark Knopfler’s wearing is better than any scarf in the club shop. Hate our club shop. Another reason can’t wait for Adidas 

My parents visit every year, go the club shop looking for gifts for family members and leave empty handed

basically a JDS sports that only sells NUFC gear... even league one clubs sell some decent gear, door matts, magnets, garden gnomes etc.

it doesn't have to all be clothing....

also the amount of people you see in the old club shop who go upstairs and can't find the way out....  who ever came up with that layout?

Edited by Arknor

5 hours ago, TBG said:

Skip to 13:31 to see a war crime.

That's absolute madness. I don't even wash my Score Draw replicas above 30 let alone a near-30 year old original. 

I fully expect Adidas to continue where they left off and deliver us an insipid yet overly complicated template. 

Castore pretty much nailed the design year on year. Pitty the rest of their operation is pony.

It's obviously going to be something like that, if not that exactly. Just hoping for some sort of flourish in addition to the basic template. 

Does look potentially legit tbh; unless someone has gone to the effort of photoshopping the Sela through the material on the 'back' photo.  

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Given Adidas were in London yesterday for the photoshoots with models, it might well be real. 

Burgundy away and white/green 3rd.

Where you seeing/hearing this?