Copa America 2015

Neil

Elias starting for Brazil :lol:

He was beyond useless for Atlético.

Really, what is happening with all the flair midfielders and strikers in Brazil?

Yeah we're done with midfielders at the moment. Luiz Gustavo is much better than he gets recognition for but that's all. Fernandinho is declining lately (still like him though). Glad that the U-20 seemed to have two players that I thought looked very good in midfield, Danilo and Jaja. Here's to hoping Casemiro or Lucas Silva develop at Real Madrid to great midfielders, because we're seriously in need of them.

As for strikers, Spain stole our only one.

Really, what is happening with all the flair midfielders and strikers in Brazil?

Yeah we're done with midfielders at the moment. Luiz Gustavo is much better than he gets recognition for but that's all. Fernandinho is declining lately (still like him though). Glad that the U-20 seemed to have two players that I thought looked very good in midfield, Danilo and Jaja. Here's to hoping Casemiro or Lucas Silva develop at Real Madrid to great midfielders, because we're seriously in need of them.

Finders keepers!

I really don't rate Casemiro - I guess he can go on to become a good holding mid with a great engine but that's it. Haven't seen enough from Lucas Silva since he was pretty much pulled out after a couple of bad games - which was understandable since he'd just arrived at the club.

Finders keepers!

I really don't rate Casemiro - I guess he can go on to become a good holding mid with a great engine but that's it. Haven't seen enough from Lucas Silva since he was pretty much pulled out after a couple of bad games - which was understandable since he'd just arrived at the club.

Yeah never rated Casemiro either, but been reading upon him having a great season at Porto, so maybe that can start his career. They'll both obviously play 2nd fiddle to Kroos and Modric, but think Lucas Silva looked a very composed player but just didn't have that extra bit of confidence. Think loaning him out to a team like Porto or Benfica could be great for him and for Real. He needs playing time in Europe and he won't be getting that with this Real side at the moment.

Neymar has 44goals and 25 assists in 65 games for the nt. It's just ridiculous, and it's not like he has only scored against terrible teams. 3 in 5 in Copa America, 4 in 5 in WC and 4 in 5 in Confederations Cup along with goals against Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Franc eand Portugal in friendlies.

It's pretty incredible how long people insisted neymar wasn't that good. If he wins the Copa America he should be 2nd for the Ballon D'or this year.

As far as CMs go for Brazil Tim Vickery seems to think Gerson could be the future long term if he keeps his head from inflating.

It's pretty incredible how long people insisted neymar wasn't that good. If he wins the Copa America he should be 2nd for the Ballon D'or this year.

As far as CMs go for Brazil Tim Vickery seems to think Gerson could be the future long term if he keeps his head from inflating.

Been linked with Barca.

Not a CM though. Unless he sees his potential there and he's been used wrongly by both club and u20s. More of a AM/RW type of player from the very little I've seen of him.

Looking at the draw this tournament is really set up for Chile to play at the final isn't it? Hope Uruguay can snatch a draw against the Argies or it looks like Brazil v Argentina in the semi's. Winner from Brazil's group have the toughest way as the winner could potentially have to play Uruguay, Argentina and then Chile to win it.

I was fairly excited for this tournament, but every time I go through the process of finding the match I find myself losing interest in about ten seconds, which is probably how everyne on here feels about ACN, tbf :lol:. Argentina-Uruguay tomorrow should be a great match after what happened in 2011, but it is a shame Suarez cannot play.

Were Ecuador meant to be good? I attributed 99 percent of their success to Quito. Think they are fairly rubbish.

I was fairly excited for this tournament, but every time I go through the process of finding the match I find myself losing interest in about ten seconds, which is probably how everyne on here feels about ACN, tbf :lol:. Argentina-Uruguay tomorrow should be a great match after what happened in 2011, but it is a shame Suarez cannot play.

Don't understand this. Every game I've seen has been really entertaining