England

Nobody

8 hours ago, Paully said:

Pep! 

Imagine some of the left field squad picks, he'd be picking every eligible player from Man City plus some boring squad fillers who are capable of playing massively within themselves in order to follow his instructions down to a tee.

Probably end up with someone like Josh Brownhill turning into a superstar ball retaining CM whilst Dominik Solanke is banging in his 40th tap in of the calendar year.

None of my grandparents fought in either war, but I can tell you one thing, if they did, they would be absolutely fuming over a German not being allowed to manage the national side because of something that happened close to 80 years ago. 

Edited by TBG

29 minutes ago, TBG said:

None of my grandparents fought in either war, but I can tell you one thing, if they did, they would be absolutely fuming over a German not being allowed to manage the national side because of something that happened close to 80 years ago. 

To be fair if you go far enough back we have had wars with the majority of the world... So it all ends up English only and Big Sams redemption! 

But in all seriousness if we had a premier league with 20 English managers, one would win the league and three would be relegated (and I reckon it would be the same clubs as now).

Just that the big clubs went foreign first and then teams who were challenging for Europe and gradually even lower league teams. The pot is so small that you end up having u21 coaches being pushed to be first team managers

14 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Happy that the Howe thing doesn’t need to be discussed again. Not sure Tuchel will be very good with England mind. 

The press would have a field day as soon as the results went against him....and they will.

I bet some off them are already dreaming up the headlines.

1 hour ago, Fak said:

Never mind if he’s German or not, is he still a top manager? What went wrong at Bayern? He should have been a perfect fit for them. 

Think the Chelsea situation messed with his head. 

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I still don't see Howe as an international coach. Would it even work?

No. He's said as much himself. 

21 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

He barely picked Gordon for 6 months because he wasn't up to speed with how he wanted him to play. We'd have to target 2034.

That's why I don't see him being very keen on it. He thrives at clubs where he can implement his own ways to the fullest.

4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

If I supported any other club I'd want Howe.

As it is, I'd prefer to see them install the reanimated corpse of Hermann Göring than take Eddie Howe so Tuchel is definitely an upgrade on that.

Be like the old Wimbledon. Ball would spend all its time in the air.