England

Nobody

It does frustrate me when someone like Henry Winter says playing without a #9 was not courageous but foolhardy, or when the BBC ask if Pickford was either injured or dropped. These are all glorified friendlies - an opportunity to try new stuff or give backups a game. Maybe if the media weren’t so fucking histrionic we wouldn’t all lose our shit over the slightest thing. I expect it from Talkshite but from the BBC et al it’s just pandering.

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Can anyone work out how this will actually line up?

Alexander-Arnold at left back probably (the lad who can't even really play right back convincingly whilst being regularly dubbed the best in the world), with Gomes & Rice as a midfield pair.

Edited by Infinitely Content

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Do find it absolutely baffling how willing coaches are to play TAA in any position so long as he’s on the pitch 

It always ends up exactly the same. He slows the play down, the opposition just play round him. Corners get a bit better, you get one or two terrific passes and one or two horrific ricks. 

1 minute ago, Infinitely Content said:

Alexander-Arnold at left back probably (the lad who can't even really play right back convincingly whilst being regularly dubbed the best in the world), with Gomes & Rice as midfield pair.

Yep that's what Fotmob is saying. All whilst playing with arguably 3 number 10s and no wingers :lol:

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yep that's what Fotmob is saying. All whilst playing with arguably 3 number 10s and no wingers :lol:

Again, I’m very happy with just trying stuff as long as it’s practiced and well thought out. It’s just making the same old shitty mistakes that is frustrating. Maybe this will work? 

If we end up getting exposed down the wings, with Palmer, Bellingham and Kane standing on each other, then Carsley is fucking useless.

Edited by leffe186

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Again, I’m very happy with just trying stuff as long as it’s practiced and well thought out. It’s just making the same old shitty mistakes that is frustrating. Maybe this will work? 

If we end up getting exposed down the wings, with Palmer, Bellingham and Kane standing on each other, then Carsley is fucking useless.

That's exactly what Southgate was doing that's the thing.

Foden left of a 3 who spent more time inside than anywhere else. A RB at LB with no protection (or wide option) who kept cutting inside to play on his stronger foot (Trippier - now TAA). Cole Palmer on the right which many folk were screaming for (either him or Gordon) - I guess is fair enough. Kane no doubt dropping into the central number 10 position when he doesn't receive chances and Bellingham just being crowded out.

Rice as a DM makes sense but Gomes? I mean you can only try.

Systemically though, I just don't see it personally. Slight change of personnel and more of the same trudging through treacle bullshit.

Edited by Heron

13 minutes ago, Heron said:

That's exactly what Southgate was doing that's the thing.

Foden left of a 3 who spent more time inside than anywhere else. A RB at LB with no protection (or wide option) who kept cutting inside to play on his stronger foot (Trippier - now TAA). Cole Palmer on the right which many folk were screaming for (either him or Gordon) - I guess is fair enough. Kane no doubt dropping into the central number 10 position when he doesn't receive chances and Bellingham just being crowded out.

Rice as a DM makes sense but Gomes? I mean you can only try.

Systemically though, I just don't see it personally. Slight change of personnel and more of the same trudging through treacle bullshit.

Yeah I agree. They’re all good players so in theory it could work - I guess - if they are well-drilled but you probably don’t get enough time with all the players to do that. For the billionth time, don’t pick the 10 best players, pick the 10 players who best fit your setup and tactics.

Just now, leffe186 said:

Yeah I agree. They’re all good players so in theory it could work - I guess - if they are well-drilled but you probably don’t get enough time with all the players to do that. For the billionth time, don’t pick the 10 best players, pick the 10 players who best fit your setup and tactics.

Exactly. It's not rocket science like. Teams win matches not invidual players.