England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

It would be fucking pointless playing Vardy on the wing, he looks less suited to the role even than Kane or Rooney. My preferred formation is a 4-3-3 and in that system Kane is the better option as a striker. That goes beyond recent goalscoring stats and whatever else you fancy digging up.

Vardy's pace and direct style will be perfect as an option against tired defences or if we switch to a front 2. This is why I hate the argument of picking players on form for clubs, sometimes they just aren't effective international players. I'm not saying Vardy wholly falls into that category, but he definitely shouldn't be shoehorned into the team as he is being at the moment.

It would be f***ing pointless playing Vardy on the wing, he looks less suited to the role even than Kane or Rooney. My preferred formation is a 4-3-3 and in that system Kane is the better option as a striker. That goes beyond recent goalscoring stats and whatever else you fancy digging up.

Vardy's pace and direct style will be perfect as an option against tired defences or if we switch to a front 2. This is why I hate the argument of picking players on form for clubs, sometimes they just aren't effective international players. I'm not saying Vardy wholly falls into that category, but he definitely shouldn't be shoehorned into the team as he is being at the moment.

Should still be our starting central striker.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Alan Pardew talking to The Mail:

“England are still looking for their best team and system and are wrestling with how to use their strikers, but one position is clear to me: the need for Harry Kane to play as the No 9 through the middle. “He is your out-ball, a player comfortable playing with his back to goal and, yes, he scored goals for Tottenham drifting in from wide, but is the most effective centre forward in the England squad. “That means leaving out either Jamie Vardy or Daniel Sturridge, or playing one of them in a different role out wide…but any striker playing out there also has to occupy the opposition full back to stop him from attacking regularly. Goalscorers don’t always like to do this, they see it as donkey work. “Strikers are usually the biggest egos in your group. “When I was at Newcastle I alternated between Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba through the middle, with the other playing wide. “My argument was to give each their feed of playing in the premier role while also asking them to play the support.”

Each their feed of the premier role ... totally disregarding the fact Papiss was hopelessly useless in that position. This guy really is a piece of work. A glimpse into the horrible job he would do for England.

He thinks he's a cut above, man :lol:

Fuck playing wingers on your wings with the instruction of running at the opposing fullbacks, in fact, fuck even playing wingers on your wings with the instruction of marking the opposing winger. Play a striker there and just tell him to do the lot, he'll score goals too.

The man's a fruitloop.

"but any striker playing out there also has to occupy the opposition full back to stop him from attacking regularly. Goalscorers don’t always like to do this, they see it as donkey work."

Also goalscorers love doing this, you tit. It's what they live for. If by 'occupy' you mean 'make their job hard by attacking them' and not 'stand 5 yards outside of your own 18 yard box'.

“England are still looking for their best team and system and are wrestling with how to use their strikers, but one position is clear to me: the need for Harry Kane to play as the No 9 through the middle. “He is your out-ball, a player comfortable playing with his back to goal and, yes, he scored goals for Tottenham drifting in from wide, but is the most effective centre forward in the England squad. “That means leaving out either Jamie Vardy or Daniel Sturridge, or playing one of them in a different role out wide…but any striker playing out there also has to occupy the opposition full back to stop him from attacking regularly. Goalscorers don’t always like to do this, they see it as donkey work. “Strikers are usually the biggest egos in your group. “When I was at Newcastle I alternated between Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba through the middle, with the other playing wide. “My argument was to give each their feed of playing in the premier role while also asking them to play the support.”

Each their feed of the premier role ... totally disregarding the fact Papiss was hopelessly useless in that position. This guy really is a piece of work. A glimpse into the horrible job he would do for England.

Putting aside the Pardew agenda for a moment, he is right on one point - that you pick Kane to play as a number 9, and then work around that. He's actually very good in that role, and defenders - even good ones - find it very difficult to keep him quiet.

The point is that in the last game, we didn't play Kane as a number 9, and suffered.

Putting him in that role then effects all your other choices, and you then may have to sacrifice Vardy, at least as a starter.

Putting aside the Pardew agenda for a moment, he is right on one point - that you pick Kane to play as a number 9, and then work around that. He's actually very good in that role, and defenders - even good ones - find it very difficult to keep him quiet.

Groundbreaking stuff  :lol: a fairly prolific striker is good in the striking role. You should be paid for your insight