Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Andy Cole's conversion rate was a lot better for us than many believe, he gets criticism largely for chances he missed for England. My biggest concern with Mitro is the number of times he's actually took air shots when presented with a chance, he may well turn out to be a confidence goal scorer rather than a natural goal scorer. The sooner he bags a goal the better and missing the first 4 games doesn't help.

Out of interest, do you have any stats for that (although it was probably in an era before the stats were even kept)?  My memory of Cole was that he was a great striker obviously, but he did miss quite a few chances.

Aguero misses a few chances. So does Ronaldo. So does Mitro. But one is currently a bang average PL player and the others are world class.

Mitro's total of 9 isn't that bad. For some reason I thought he scored 5-6 goals. I know a couple were penalties but 9 isn't terrible. Not good but not terrible. But a lot of his misses cost us valuable points. a little more finishing ability, say 13-14 goals we would've stayed up

^^ wasn't referring to you Hughesy. But to answer and not answer your question - I dont believe those stats were tracked in those days.

I also think "conversion rate" is a bit misleading. Ronaldo's conversion rate would be bang average - because he's capable of scoring from anywhere and he takes shots from anywhere. Andy Cole may have missed chances but he was so clever in the box, great instincts. He pretty much only attempted finishes you would expect a goal in. He got a lot of good chances but a lot of that is down to his own smarts.

All strikers miss chances, the difference in Mitro and Cole is that Cole always seemed far more of a predator in front of goal. Half a chance and it was in the back of the net before the defence realised where he was. Mitro on the other hand is often found flat footed when the opportunities arise, although he has a lot more to his game than just goals so not really a fair comparison.

^^ wasn't referring to you Hughesy. But to answer and not answer your question - I dont believe those stats were tracked in those days.

I also think "conversion rate" is a bit misleading. Ronaldo's conversion rate would be bang average - because he's capable of scoring from anywhere and he takes shots from anywhere. Andy Cole may have missed chances but he was so clever in the box, great instincts. He pretty much only attempted finishes you would expect a goal in. He got a lot of good chances but a lot of that is down to his own smarts.

not really

Lads, the championship is a new league, as are pre season games. He's s young lad, still adjusting to these new, variable tempos. And we don't create enough chances for him to score, where's the service?

Lads, the championship is a new league, as are pre season games. He's s young lad, still adjusting to these new, variable tempos. And we don't create enough chances for him to score, where's the service?

Coming up, on a plate, mate! All being well... :indi: "...your defence is terrified..."

He better be banging them in in this league, I don't know what his apologists would say if he doesn't. I've always liked the lad but we need a freakin' somewhat clinical striker. I'm glad we signed Gayle, maybe the load can be shared sufficiently.

Saw him huff and puff again yesterday to little effect, and headed his customary free 8 yard header straight at the keeper as per. Loads of doylems singing his song, for no particular reason.

Mitro's a trier, your defence is mildly perturbed.

Saw him huff and puff again yesterday to little effect, and headed his customary free 8 yard header straight at the keeper as per. Loads of doylems singing his song, for no particular reason.

Maybe they were like, hmm, supporting him? Guess that would make them supporters though instead of doylems so I'm not sure.

Guest Howaythetoon

The very best strikers are prolific goalscorers regardless. Shearer for almost his entire career here was prolific despite playing in a team that was either crap or average. Such players score goals at any level in any set-up and in any side. Cole, Shearer, Sir Les, Owen even... they are at the very top of pile when it comes to strikers. Mitrovic isnt a goalscorer and never will be, he will never be prolific. He may become a decent striker or centre-forward in terms of play, but when it comes to putting the ball into the back of the net he will always be bang average.

Ridiculous fans singing a song in support of one of our players like.

The very best strikers are prolific goalscorers regardless. Shearer for almost his entire career here was prolific despite playing in a team that was either crap or average. Such players score goals at any level in any set-up and in any side. Cole, Shearer, Sir Les, Owen even... they are at the very top of pile when it comes to strikers. Mitrovic isnt a goalscorer and never will be, he will never be prolific. He may become a decent striker or centre-forward in terms of play, but when it comes to putting the ball into the back of the net he will always be bang average.

Look up Shearer's scoring record upto age 22, compared to Mitrovic.

From what I've understood he has been pretty prolific before he joined Newcastle. So that kind of makes your post complete garbage from start to finish.

Wasn't RvN average at best at one point before suddenly 'clicking'? I seem to remember the same being said about Drogba. Maybe that can happen to other strikers?

This is probably more than obvious to most people.

Maybe they were like, hmm, supporting him? Guess that would make them supporters though instead of doylems so I'm not sure.

It's the fact that he's some sort of cult hero that utterly baffles me. Maybe it's because he's foreign, a bit radge and he has tattoos that the Geordie Shore wannabes having taken him to their hearts?

If he was a local lad with ginger hair, he'd be getting dogs abuse by now and that's a fact.

Wasn't RvN average at best at one point before suddenly 'clicking'? I seem to remember the same being said about Drogba. Maybe that can happen to other strikers?

This is probably more than obvious to most people.

Also, and I can't be bothered to check, didn't Shearer score a hatrick on his debut and then not score again for 18 months?

Guest Howaythetoon

Look up Shearer's scoring record upto age 22, compared to Mitrovic.

I'm aware of Shearer's less than prolific record prior to signing for Blackburn...

That doesn't mean Mitrovic will be just as prolific.

Do you think Mitrovic will become a 20 + a season man throughout his career?

By the way my post isn't condemning the lad or writing him off, even though I personally think he's average. I just don't think he is a goalscorer and never will be.