Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Saw him huff and puff again yesterday to little effect, and headed his customary free 8 yard header straight at the keeper as per. Loads of doylems singing his song, for no particular reason.

Mitro's a trier, your defence is mildly perturbed.

Maybe they were like, hmm, supporting him? Guess that would make them supporters though instead of doylems so I'm not sure.

It's the fact that he's some sort of cult hero that utterly baffles me. Maybe it's because he's foreign, a bit radge and he has tattoos that the Geordie Shore wannabes having taken him to their hearts?

If he was a local lad with ginger hair, he'd be getting dogs abuse by now and that's a fact.

If we was a local lad with ginger hair who played for our rivals and celebrated like a w***** after scoring against us, then he probably would.

Right now he's a raw 21 year old with a lot of passion and some good potential and supporters are encouraging him

Guest neesy111

Nothing I see in Mitrovic tells me he'll be prolific, also his very one paced attribute is a huge drawback for any team playing him.

Saw him huff and puff again yesterday to little effect, and headed his customary free 8 yard header straight at the keeper as per. Loads of doylems singing his song, for no particular reason.

Maybe they were like, hmm, supporting him? Guess that would make them supporters though instead of doylems so I'm not sure.

It's the fact that he's some sort of cult hero that utterly baffles me. Maybe it's because he's foreign, a bit radge and he has tattoos that the Geordie Shore wannabes having taken him to their hearts?

If he was a local lad with ginger hair, he'd be getting dogs abuse by now and that's a fact.

If we was a local lad with ginger hair who played for our rivals and celebrated like a w***** after scoring against us, then he probably would.

Right now he's a raw 21 year old with a lot of passion and some good potential and supporters are encouraging him

I wasn't specifically referring to Colback.

Carroll used to get slated when he first started off, only got any support in his last 6 months really. Also where are the songs of support and encouragement for young Armstrong? He's been written off by many on here despite his age

The very best strikers are prolific goalscorers regardless. Shearer for almost his entire career here was prolific despite playing in a team that was either crap or average. Such players score goals at any level in any set-up and in any side. Cole, Shearer, Sir Les, Owen even... they are at the very top of pile when it comes to strikers. Mitrovic isnt a goalscorer and never will be, he will never be prolific. He may become a decent striker or centre-forward in terms of play, but when it comes to putting the ball into the back of the net he will always be bang average.

Look up Shearer's scoring record upto age 22, compared to Mitrovic.

I'm aware of Shearer's less than prolific record prior to signing for Blackburn...

That doesn't mean Mitrovic will be just as prolific.

Do you think Mitrovic will become a 20 + a season man throughout his career?

By the way my post isn't condemning the lad or writing him off, even though I personally think he's average. I just don't think he is a goalscorer and never will be.

It doesn't, of course it doesn't. But you can't say, "he'll never be prolific" when he's at a stage of his career where he's more prolific than Shearer was at that age. If he becomes a consistent 15 goal a season striker, that would be superb.

I wonder if people took to him because, amongst a bunch of cowards, he looked like he gave a shit. Maybe.

I wasn't specifically referring to Colback.

Carroll used to get slated when he first started off, only got any support in his last 6 months really. Also where are the songs of support and encouragement for young Armstrong? He's been written off by many on here despite his age

So which local ginger lad who receives dogs abuse in our team were you going on about then? :lol:

Don't think anyone has written Armstrong off, most people know he needs to be playing regularly this season on loan somewhere if he isn't going to play here. Where has anyone said we should get rid of him?

Guest Howaythetoon

The very best strikers are prolific goalscorers regardless. Shearer for almost his entire career here was prolific despite playing in a team that was either crap or average. Such players score goals at any level in any set-up and in any side. Cole, Shearer, Sir Les, Owen even... they are at the very top of pile when it comes to strikers. Mitrovic isnt a goalscorer and never will be, he will never be prolific. He may become a decent striker or centre-forward in terms of play, but when it comes to putting the ball into the back of the net he will always be bang average.

I'm aware of Shearer's less than prolific record prior to signing for Blackburn...

By the way my post isn't condemning the lad or writing him off, even though I personally think he's average. I just don't think he is a goalscorer and never will be.

It doesn't, of course it doesn't. But you can't say, "he'll never be prolific" when he's at a stage of his career where he's more prolific than Shearer was at that age. If he becomes a consistent 15 goal a season striker, that would be superb.

I'd agree, 15 goals a season would be fine, damn fine especially if he was to improve his general game.

To me he is a 9-10 a season man in the PL and has massive limitations. I'd prefer to not see him starting games for us on a regular basis like, Gayle looks far more dangerous, far more capable in front of goal and a better general fit.

I wonder if people took to him because, amongst a bunch of cowards, he looked like he gave a s***. Maybe.

Steven Taylor gave a shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

How about we stop comparing every striker we sign to the greatest English striker and our best player of all time?

Aye, you are right like. Nothing compares to Shearer and never will!

I'd agree, 15 goals a season would be fine, damn fine especially if he was to improve his general game.

To me he is a 9-10 a season man in the PL and has massive limitations. I'd prefer to not see him starting games for us on a regular basis like, Gayle looks far more dangerous, far more capable in front of goal and a better general fit.

He got 9 this season, in a team managed mostly by McClaren at 21 years old. Do you really think his ceiling is just one more goal? He probably had less than 25 starts as well.

He will definitely be a 10-15 goals forward, at least.

Fairly happy to see Mitrovic given another chance this season and hopefully the Championship will the making of him, but it's apparent that I've not seen half as much promise as some seem to have. The negatives far outweigh the positives. Wouldn't be arsed if we sold him.

I wonder if people took to him because, amongst a bunch of cowards, he looked like he gave a s***. Maybe.

Steven Taylor gave a s***.

Did he?

He got 9 this season, in a team managed mostly by McClaren at 21 years old. Do you really think his ceiling is just one more goal? He probably had less than 25 starts as well.

He will definitely be a 10-15 goals forward, at least.

This x 100.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fairly happy to see Mitrovic given another chance this season and hopefully the Championship will the making of him, but it's apparent that I've not seen half as much promise as some seem to have. The negatives far outweigh the positives. Wouldn't be arsed if we sold him.

He never scored more than one in a game playing for the best team in Belgium, it strikes me that he just doesn't have "it" to be prolific. Still can be useful though, and of course time is on his side

I don't want to give up on him yet as I do like some of the stuff he's capable of doing on the pitch. But like nearly any player we have on our books - if Rafa wants and rates him I trust our manager. If not, keep signing better players and get rid if we need or have to. Fully trusting the manager on all of this stuff now.

He needs to put himself about more.  Carroll did this in our championship season, he didn't just score goals but whipped some great crosses in and was involved in a lot of our good play.  He caused defenders loads of problems with his physical presence and was good in our penalty area as well. 

When you watch Mitro it seems like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  The daft spats he has with opposition CB's and officials shows it.  Maybe it's the expectation put on his shoulders, being our main striker signing and expected to lead the line in the PL for a struggling side. 

Hopefully this can be a breakout season and he can get into double figures

Love how much he annoys you. It's fucking brilliant.  :mung: