Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit concerned that he hasn't scored an open play goal in the preseason games he's played so far. I'm one of the people who hope he comes good but I have big worries about his finishing abilities. Hopefully during his enforced 4 game lay off he works hard on his finishing and movement.

It doesn't sound like he played well against Doncaster.

http://www.nufc.com/2016-17html/2016-07-20doncaster-a.html

Going behind failed to rouse United from the slumbers though, with Mitrovic particularly immobile and what attacking threat we showed coming down the right - left winger Rolando Aarons seeing little of the ball.

Mitrovic's lumbering turn and low shot almost on the half time whistle summed up a pedestrian half for the white and purple clad visitors

I'm a bit concerned that he hasn't scored an open play goal in the preseason games he's played so far. I'm one of the people who hope he comes good but I have big worries about his finishing abilities. Hopefully during his enforced 4 game lay off he works hard on his finishing and movement.

Going behind failed to rouse United from the slumbers though, with Mitrovic particularly immobile and what attacking threat we showed coming down the right - left winger Rolando Aarons seeing little of the ball.

Mitrovic's lumbering turn and low shot almost on the half time whistle summed up a pedestrian half for the white and purple clad visitors

Even if he was scoring & got a bit of form going he then misses 4 games at the start and will have to rebuild, or if one of the other forwards hits form immediately he could struggle to even get in. I'm not worried because this is about fitness, and those extra games he's missing he needs to keep building on his, He has that bit extra with his ban, and to be fair needs it, he could work on his sprints, he's a sloth!

He's only played 135 minutes hasn't he? The Bohemian goal was only a penalty because he was fouled for a relative tap in after taking it round the keeper in the first place.

RAFA KNOWS.

Leave it to him.

Finally we can just worry about getting to the game, which pre match pub for a pint, which trainers we're gonna wear.

we can safely leave all player problems to rafa - no need to worry.

Anyway, asides from his obvious temperament issues, does anybody else think he looks like a big & slow lumbering oaf thus far?

Sorry I was wrong.

It described him perfectly back then and still fits the bill nowadays.

Thanks for pointing out my astute observations, will use something else next time as not to offend.

Needs to up his game, even at championship level. He's probably the biggest disappointment from last season for me personally. I had high hopes for him but poor play, wrongly channeled aggression and immobility has pointed him in the direction of a big waste of time and money.

Still something very likeable about the lad and would love to see it click next season for him, but as others say missing the first 4 games puts him at a huge dissadvantage of his own making and if we're playing well plus scoring goals then we might not see him start a league game for months.

Anyway, asides from his obvious temperament issues, does anybody else think he looks like a big & slow lumbering oaf thus far?

Sorry I was wrong.

It described him perfectly back then and still fits the bill nowadays.

Thanks for pointing out my astute observations, will use something else next time as not to offend.

You're consistent at least. :lol:

Think he'll find it hard to get into the side after his ban

The ban isn't going to help, but he finished the last season well, and if he is determined to make a success of it here, he'll take his chance when it comes. He needs to improve his finishing though. It's all hit and miss at the moment.

He'll boss it in the Championship. He had loads of chances last season but just couldn't put them away.

The important thing is he gets himself good chances nearly every game and in this league that will be more frequent.

Iirc, and those of you of a certain age please help me out, but the patter (irrespective of the song) about Andy Cole was similar, in that that he wasted a lot of chances. Thing was he also scored shit loads. He was always there or thereabouts in the right place, and had a plentiful supply from a phenomenal supporting cast. Wishful thinking maybe, despite their different styles, I can see signs of this 'gift' in Mitro. Think Coley was about the same age/bit older when he joined us. Hoping Mitro follows in the same tracks.

(No, I don't mean falls out with the manager and f's off to Man U at the first opportunity!)