Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

A higher quality, in form striker shows the composure to score there. That being said the keeper did well and it wasn't as easy as some people suggest.

I'm sure a load of the mongs at St James' haven't ever played football.

Started once this season and scores, plays 25 minutes doesn't score and hes getting grief already.

Perez has been far worse over more appearances and everyone falls over themselves to make excuses for him, definite favourites on here.

His chances he missed last season fucked us, he's also already missed 2 excellent chances in 2 games this season. He deserves the criticism.

Started once this season and scores, plays 25 minutes doesn't score and hes getting grief already.

Perez has been far worse over more appearances and everyone falls over themselves to make excuses for him, definite favourites on here.

His chances he missed last season f***ed us, he's also already missed 2 excellent chances in 2 games this season. He deserves the criticism.

His goals at the back end of the season almost saved us as well. He's missed 2 decent chances which are by no means nailed on for any striker to score, but because he could have done better he's judged on 2 'excellent chances' he's missed, rather than the positives he brings to the team and the fact that he's scored and has a fantastic goals-minutes ratio off his last 10 competitive games.

It's quite easy to suss out the people who have an agenda against him.

Nearly every post about Perez has been about how poor he has been except for the QPR game where he played well

Most have been people saying hes better in this position or that position, and others just flat out saying hes a quality player and will come good when in reality hes looked poor in both positions for a long time and we're still waiting on something from him to prove hes as good as most seem to think he is.

Not see the game from Saturday, other than the 3 minute lowlights.  I didn't think the miss was that bad.  Should have tried to get some height on it or went for the lob.  But I thought it was going to be a complete sitter from 8 yards, or something. 

I thought Mitro was a big reason as to why we played so well against QPR.  His hold up play allowed others to join in the attack, he defended from the front, which kept the pressure on and he was a nuisance in the air. 

From what I have seen of Gayle.  He looks fast and a good finisher.  But in the games I have seen, we have had no control whatsoever, when he has been up front on his own.  It's not his game and I don't think he is suited to that system, at all.

At least this big fucker is getting on the end of chances and therefore there's, surely, still a good chance that he might improve his goal/games ratio.

He's showing instincts for goal, he's just needs to brush up his bloody finishing - the stupid twat.

At least this big f***er is getting on the end of chances and therefore there's, surely, still a good chance that he might improve his goal/games ratio.

He's showing instincts for goal, he's just needs to brush up his bloody finishing - the stupid t***.

Wasn't that why we brought that 'superior striker' trainer bloke in for him, last season??

Can we get our money back?

Hehe

He may become a better all round centre forward with age but he's never going to be a finisher because he just doesn't have that instinct in front of goal. That's not something you can really coach either. Andy Cole was arguably the best finisher we've ever seen here and when he went to Man Utd he improved as a football but to the detriment of his finishing ability when he was required to remodel his game. I don't think you can work it the other way around. Then there's the problem with his chronic lack of pace and very dodgy disciplinary record and I just don't think he'll have enough about him to do what we need him to do. Really hope he does because I love how proud he is to play for NUFC, you can see it in his face but I don't think he's got enough attributes to his game to make it here.

If the rumours about Benitez trying to move him on in the summer are true it's obviously something the manager feels as well.

He may become a better all round centre forward with age but he's never going to be a finisher because he just doesn't have that instinct in front of goal. That's not something you can really coach either. Andy Cole was arguably the best finisher we've ever seen here and when he went to Man Utd he improved as a football but to the detriment of his finishing ability when he was required to remodel his game. I don't think you can work it the other way around. Then there's the problem with his chronic lack of pace and very dodgy disciplinary record and I just don't think he'll have enough about him to do what we need him to do. Really hope he does because I love how proud he is to play for NUFC, you can see it in his face but I don't think he's got enough attributes to his game to make it here.

If the rumours about Benitez trying to move him on in the summer are true it's obviously something the manager feels as well.

To my understanding, "instincts for goals" means being on the end of chances, not necessarily finishing skills.

Rubbish about Cole.

What rumours were they? Can barely remember any substantial rumour of him leaving

There were a couple of rumours in July, but the club came out and quashed them immediately. Which says a lot imo, as they didn't do that for any of the rumours for players that they genuinely were happy to move on.

Would say that Rafa is happy with Mitro, or he'd have moved him on in the summer.

To my understanding, "instincts for goals" means being on the end of chances, not necessarily finishing skills.

Rubbish about Cole.

Coles conversion rate was far higher for us than it was for Man Utd. Ferguson however turned him into a far better all round team player.

Not sure how you can really disagree with that unless you weren't around during the 1990s.

I just think people are thinking way too far ahead with Mitro.

We are in the Championship this season, there is absolutely no way that anybody can convince me that he's not good enough for a title winning team at this level. :lol: Whether he is good enough to play for us if we go up, is a different story. But he's fucking miles ahead of any similar-style striker in this league.

Should play up top with either Gayle or Perez next to him, they'd have a field day.

Rubbish about Cole.

Coles conversion rate was far higher for us than it was for Man Utd. Ferguson however turned him into a far better all round team player.

Not sure how you can really disagree with that unless you weren't around during the 1990s.

His finishing ability at Man Utd improved, towards the later year at least.

His chances he missed last season f***ed us, he's also already missed 2 excellent chances in 2 games this season. He deserves the criticism.

His goals at the back end of the season almost saved us as well. He's missed 2 decent chances which are by no means nailed on for any striker to score, but because he could have done better he's judged on 2 'excellent chances' he's missed, rather than the positives he brings to the team and the fact that he's scored and has a fantastic goals-minutes ratio off his last 10 competitive games.

Yes. We have an 'agenda' because we've pointed out how this guy consistently misses the chances presented to him. His misses last season were one of the (small) reasons we went down, had we instead bought a proven Premiership striker and paid the going rate for one. We were desperate for someone to hit the ground running, instead we put our money and time into a kid from a foreign league and put the world on his shoulders.

In fact, every person who's criticized Mitro on here has said the same thing: right player, wrong time, wrong move for him. But sure, delude yourself into simplifying the world around you. Whoever doesn't agree with you has an 'agenda,' marra.

Rubbish about Cole.

To my mind instinct for goals means actually putting them away when you get on the end of chances. Unless you are putting away a fair few of the chances that you get, you aren't likely to score that many. Managers aren't daft, that's why they tend to look down on those with a poor conversion rate, because the higher the level you play at, the fewer the chances come along.

The fact he actually gets in goal scoring positions and allows the team to move up the pitch gives us something we sorely need, whether he finishes them or not is another matter. The issue with not playing Mitro is that the people in his place don't even get the same kind of chances to begin with and we can go for ages without constructing any kind of chance as we just don't seem to have the nous to move the ball up the patch in a considered manner with over/underlapping etc.

Our squad just seems to need a target man to function and Mitro from what I've seen him is more than good enough to do this. I don't think he's ever going to be a 20+ goals per season striker, he's the guy that lets the others get the goals just by being there and being a menace. Probably more a 1 in 4 support striker tbh.

The fact he actually gets in goal scoring positions and allows the team to move up the pitch gives us something we sorely need, whether he finishes them or not is another matter. The issue with not playing Mitro is that the people in his place don't even get the same kind of chances to begin with and we can go for ages without constructing any kind of chance as we just don't seem to have the nous to move the ball up the patch in a considered manner with over/underlapping etc.

Our squad just seems to need a target man to function and Mitro from what I've seen him is more than good enough to do this. I don't think he's ever going to be a 20+ goals per season striker, he's the guy that lets the others get the goals just by being there and being a menace. Probably more a 1 in 4 support striker tbh.

But even target men who don't score a load of goals are usually good finishers when they get the chance, they aren't wasteful. I'm not writing Mitro off by any means, but if we do go with a target man he'll have to compete with Murphy and show he's the better option all round.

Yes. We have an 'agenda' because we've pointed out how this guy consistently misses the chances presented to him. His misses last season were one of the (small) reasons we went down, had we instead bought a proven Premiership striker and paid the going rate for one. We were desperate for someone to hit the ground running, instead we put our money and time into a kid from a foreign league and put the world on his shoulders.

In fact, every person who's criticized Mitro on here has said the same thing: right player, wrong time, wrong move for him. But sure, delude yourself into simplifying the world around you. Whoever doesn't agree with you has an 'agenda,' marra.

:lol: Er, no they haven't. All I've seen is "he's s***"/"not good enough"/"misstrovic".

:lol: Er, no they haven't. All I've seen is "he's s***"/"not good enough"/"misstrovic".

Misstrovic is pretty good though :lol: