Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Didn't he get a fairly long stretch in the team last season and was gash?

Show me one player who hasn't had a bad patch at some point in their career. I'm sure Shearer had a s**** season once. Not comparing the two just highlighting the mootness of your point.

I'm willing to bet that by the time he's 27 you're the only one talking about it.

He's currently playing in a system that doesn't suit his attributes, for a manager who seems unwilling to adapt to a system that will exploit these attributes. Previously he has been picked specifically for those attributes. He is having to adapt. He is still young enough that he might do that.

His goal against WHam was a sign of a footballer thinking about his game. It also demonstrated a confidence that was previously shackled by responsibility.

As if anybody on here, at 22, wasn't a proper radgie on a Saturday night at least once or twice.

I wasn't actually. I was as suave, sophisticated and sexy as I am now. So there goes your theory pal.

Serbia boss Slavoljub Muslin says Aleksandar Mitrovic feels more appreciated playing for his country than he does under Rafa Benitez at Newcastle.

The striker is first choice for Serbia and is top scorer in Group D with six goals. Indeed, only Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandowski and Romelu Lukaku have netted more than Mitrovic in World Cup qualifying.

The 22-year-old will lead the line against Republic of Ireland in Dublin on Tuesday night but it will be his last outing of September, for he is suspended for Newcastle’s next three matches following an elbow on West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini last month.

Such indiscipline is part of the reason Benitez does not trust Mitrovic and he was willing to sell the £13million forward during the summer had he found a suitable replacement.

Muslin, however, believes Newcastle are not getting the best out of the former Anderlecht man.

‘Maybe the system we play with three attackers suits him better,’ said the Serbia manager.

‘Perhaps the coach in Newcastle doesn’t have as much confidence in him as I do. He is our first centre forward. Perhaps he feels more comfortable playing for the national team than he does for his own club.’

It's not hard to feel more confident when you're playing against the likes of Malta, San Marino, Lithuania, Luxembourg etc. :lol:

Well... 2 goals vs Wales ( mostly PL team ), 2 goals vs Austria (mostly Bundesliga team).

The other 2 were against Moldova and Georgia.

Let's see if he maintains his goal scoring run over the next 3 games for NUFC. Oh he can't as he got himself banned again. I hope his replacements do well. Mitro would only have himself to blame for dropping down the order.

I don't think that Mitro blames anyone except him. And your comment is probably confirming what Serbia's boss saying. No support, just slamming players all the time.

We're right to slam players who keep getting sent off. How many times do we have to support Mitro and Shelvey for getting sent off? Getting sent off is a regular occurrence for them compared to most other players.

How many times has Shelvey been sent off as an NUFC player ? When was the last time Mitro was sent off ? Hardly regular is the answer, not saying that both aren't ticking time bombs but not that strongest argument there.

We're right to slam players who keep getting sent off. How many times do we have to support Mitro and Shelvey for getting sent off? Getting sent off is a regular occurrence for them compared to most other players.

How many times has Shelvey been sent off as an NUFC player ? When was the last time Mitro was sent off ? Hardly regular is the answer, not saying that both aren't ticking time bombs but not that strongest argument there.

Not the strongest counter either considering one is just finishing a suspension and the other is just starting one :lol:

Not the strongest counter either considering one is just finishing a suspension and the other is just starting one :lol:

It's a counter to the fact that the guy said they are regularly getting sent off. This is Shelvey's first suspension for being sent off, Mitro wasn't even sent off, his last sending off was the last game of the season 2 years ago. Come on dude show a bit of reading comprehension.

I beg your pardon. Getting banned on video evidence after the event is so much better than being given a red card during a game.

Shelvey got banned for kicking out (later rescinded) and for racist abuse (found guilty but might not have been).

It actually is much better, we got to play with 11, for the remainder of the game and he scored a goal to boot. I'm still not convinced it was a red card, he was rough and aggressive but the elbow is at a natural position and the guys head is around waist level. For me, any other player gets at most a yellow there, reputation got him the ban nothing else.

Like I said Shelvey's first ban for being sent off, where's this regularity you speak of ?