Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

The club captain is rimming the bloke who has single handedly destroyed the club, has shown no remorse for doing so and no signs he's willing to fix it. The fact he's doing this because he was paid makes it far worse :lol:

What kind of reactions are you expecting in this thread, on a board populated by supporters of said club?

Can't see why everyone is getting upset over this.  We are no longer a football club as was in years gone by. MA has no interest in the footballing side it is just a necessary part of the business. It is a means to an end and that end is Mike Ashley's pockets.  We are a business owned by MA who just happens to be Lascelles boss. Lascelles job is to play football to the best of his ability which I think he does and gets paid a decent whack.  He has no influence whatsoever over what MA does or doesn't do so why stick his head above the parapet.  I remember when I was working and had a grievance and I was advised 'Never try to take on your boss because you will lose' and that was good advice. 

Can't see why everyone is getting upset over this.  We are no longer a football club as was in years gone by. MA has no interest in the footballing side it is just a necessary part of the business. It is a means to an end and that end is Mike Ashley's pockets.  We are a business owned by MA who just happens to be Lascelles boss. Lascelles job is to play football to the best of his ability which I think he does and gets paid a decent whack.  He has no influence whatsoever over what MA does or doesn't do so why stick his head above the parapet. I remember when I was working and had a grievance and I was advised 'Never try to take on your boss because you will lose' and that was good advice.

It is and no one has asked him to. It’s false equivalence - he’s not being asked to slag him off, in fact in the case that this was an obvious piece of PR he’d be unwise to do so. What he needn’t do is in the same breath say ‘nice guy’ and call fans ‘negative’ that’s the difference. He thinks he’s a nice chap over a pizza, fine but don’t punctuate it with the message they want.

Guest reefatoon

f***ing hell man, the same line of “well I wouldn’t bad mouth my boss” keeps being trotted out as if that is the main issue with it. People keep explaining that it was more his other words. f***ing hell, we are getting past the banging our head against a brick wall to now smashing our faces against it. Absolutely pointless now. Mind numbing stupidity.

Calling him a nice guy was definitely a bad move, could have just said something about concentrating on his football rather than thinking about the owner etc....

However the hate he is getting is ridiculous tbh, and if anyone boos him at the game they want shot, the crowd is so quiet and apathetic I doubt anyone would even muster up the energy to boo him though.

Guest firetotheworks

He'll get a standing ovation before kick off tomorrow before everyone takes their seats and sit there in silence. Let's see if I'm wrong.

Weird, I thought you didn't stand for people criticising the fans.

Calling him a nice guy was definitely a bad move, could have just said something about concentrating on his football rather than thinking about the owner etc....

However the hate he is getting is ridiculous tbh, and if anyone boos him at the game they want shot, the crowd is so quiet and apathetic I doubt anyone would even muster up the energy to boo him though.

How did you feel when Pardew did it?

We all knew Pardews motives and knew he was a puppet, Lascelles has shown to be anything but that in the past and I think on this occasion we can give him the benefit of the doubt, the bloke is the club captain, hes trying to get everyone pulling in the same direction, his comments were definitely ill advised but he doesn't deserve to be booed, and he still deserves our respect IMO.

Or we could all act like babies about it and give him dogs abuse, I'm sure that will work wonders.

To be honest, all Jamal had to do was keep his mouth shut on the subject. They're either with us or need to keep quiet until it's done, anything positive said about Ashley makes him look like a sympathiser or an idiot ignorant to the actual problem at the club.

Like big fucking babies. He called Ashley a 'GOOD GUY' after getting a whacking pay rise and extension that guaratee's security for him and likely his kids for as long as they are alive.

Nobody is disputing that...they're pissed because he then trivialised the struggles we have with MA's ownership as "Negativity" we could just drop.

Big babies? Less has been said by each individual than your incessant whining in every fucking match thread. Fucking hypocrite.

I for one am shocked at this individual who has opted to come in this thread to tell it how it is with such a polarising view.

Just catching up with this. It's a reminder that players live in a different world, I wouldn't be surprised if the players are pretty confused about why we don't like Ashley, it's not likely that they'll discuss the issue with fans or seek out fans opinions. From a players perspective they're earning good money and most probably know they're lucky to be in the premier league. Young or foreign players probably don't even realise the club is a shadow of what it used to be.

Just catching up with this. It's a reminder that players live in a different world, I wouldn't be surprised if the players are pretty confused about why we don't like Ashley, it's not likely that they'll discuss the issue with fans or seek out fans opinions. From a players perspective they're earning good money and most probably know they're lucky to be in the premier league. Young or foreign players probably don't even realise the club is a shadow of what it used to be.

then what about lascelles quotes over the summer?

This.

The whole ignorance excuse is really grating on me.

I can imagine MA laughing his face off that the ultra fans are now ready to turn on their club captain. Job done.

he'd be laughing a lot harder if we applauded lascelles and said, "you know what? ashley's alright with jamal, so he's alright with me. fuck this boycott shit and lets get extra tickets to the wolves game".

Re-reading those comments it's notable that he didn't criticise Ashley, which is what it was interrpreted as at the time. He might have thought the lack of investment had nothing to do with him. Lascelles is a bit different though because he is actually a good player, investment wouldn't mean him being replaced. I just doubt there is much discussion of Mike Ashley or the way the club has been dismantled in the squad, the players are doing alright out of all this.

I can imagine MA laughing his face off that the ultra fans are now ready to turn on their club captain. Job done.

he'd be laughing a lot harder if we applauded lascelles and said, "you know what? ashley's alright with jamal, so he's alright with me. fuck this boycott shit and lets get extra tickets to the wolves game".

Or you just can continue to focus on booing mike Ashley and concentrating on what’s worked thus far in recent weeks and months with Magpie Group.

Maybe instead of booing, a proper social media message to Jamaal reminding him what the movement is all about again, and his obligation as club captain, and not to belittle the goals of getting this club back to what it was. Hell  tag his family too even. And I’m sure he’ll be quick to apologize and/or realize how stupid  his obviously odd quotes were  from the other day.

Re-reading those comments it's notable that he didn't criticise Ashley, which is what it was interrpreted as at the time. He might have thought the lack of investment had nothing to do with him. Lascelles is a bit different though because he is actually a good player, investment wouldn't mean him being replaced. I just doubt there is much discussion of Mike Ashley or the way the club has been dismantled in the squad, the players are doing alright out of all this.

Lascelles before pay rise: “I don’t know what’s holding him (Ashley) back. He should be giving him (Rafa) everything he wants.”

Or you just can continue to focus on booing mike Ashley and concentrating on what’s worked thus far in recent weeks and months with Magpie Group.

Maybe instead of booing, a proper social media message to Jamaal reminding him what the movement is all about again, and his obligation as club captain, and not to belittle the goals of getting this club back to what it was. Hell  tag his family too even. And I’m sure he’ll be quick to apologize and/or realize how stupid  his obviously odd quotes were  from the other day.

nee one's gonna boo him ffs. but his comments did need addressing and shouldnt have been ignored.

an open letter to jamal from the magpie group would have been perfect.