Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

So the reason we’re shit this season is the fans being negative? Well if the players don’t feel Ashley is to blame, perhaps it’s time for them to start looking at themselves and actually being footballers again.

What a fucking sellout.

Nothing personal against Lascelles but he's been the one player who has spoken out and challenged Ashley in the past. He was very vocal about leading the players bonus dispute against him and has spoken out about him not backing the manager with funds in the transfer market.

Suddenly he bags himself a nice pay rise and Ashley is now a nice guy. You can see why he's got people's backs up.

funny one like, they kick off themselves about the bonus and the fans would have 100% had their back if it dragged on longer than it did

they got their bonus, now he's getting a contract and chelping about negativity

when i think of it in those terms, as much as i've come to like him, that's very poor indeed

Yeah, he's a fucking dickhead tbh. The lad could go anywhere to play his football. His stock is high so he could go to just about anyone in the league, I would have thought. He doesn't need to sit at this club and brown-nose the owner, like say Pardew. So frustrating, man.

Yeah, he's a fucking dickhead tbh. The lad could go anywhere to play his football. His stock is high so he could go to just about anyone in the league, I would have thought. He doesn't need to sit at this club and brown-nose the owner, like say Pardew. So frustrating, man.

think that's overegging it myself, players always just trot out whatever shite they're told tbh

i'd have preferred it not to happen but his focus will be on winning games and will think it's innocent enough what he's said

pardew was completely complicit

think that's overegging it myself, players always just trot out whatever shite they're told tbh

i'd have preferred it not to happen but his focus will be on winning games and will think it's innocent enough what he's said

Can't agree with that bit to be honest.  He knows the situation with the fans and how they feel about the prick in charge.

If he does think there's nothing wrong with it then he really is thick as mince. 

Imo he knew it was going to get people annoyed, but done it anyway as he's received his contract/pay-rise. 

Guest Howaythetoon

He had no reason to even talk about Ashley, its clearly a stipulation of the new deal that he would big up the owner and ask fans not to protest. As such he’s just another Ashley cronie and can go and fuck himself, again I hope he gets a nasty injury. See how nice that is!

Probably deserves the 'Ashley Apologist' next to his name in the thread title now.

Could we be close to forming a hefty XI of such arseholes past and present. Lascelles, Jenas, Shola, Bellamy.. Anyone else?

Can't agree with that bit to be honest.  He knows the situation with the fans and how they feel about the prick in charge.

If he does think there's nothing wrong with it then he really is thick as mince. 

Imo he knew it was going to get people annoyed, but done it anyway as he's received his contract/pay-rise. 

actually reading them more closely he's gone beyond what you'd expect with a "get behind the team" type thing, aye he's been bought and sold :anguish:

I will be booing this cunt tomorrow. What a fucking prick.

Sick of media, owners, (ex) managers, 'fans', and now our fucking captain telling us to pack it in and accept this pathetic excuse for a football club. Totally sick of it all. Nothing to lose by going all out and slating any cunt that gets in our way.

He’s our captain and been a diplomat between the squad and the owner in the past. All he’s doing is playing his role and playing the diplomat. His comments about sticking together have surely got to be aimed at the crowd who haven’t mounted up to much this season.

I’m not going to start hating him for these comments at all.

The thing about Ashley is that face to face or over the phone he can seem like a reasonable guy, it’s only later when he stabs you in the back. That hasn’t happened to Lascelles yet.

He’s our captain and been a diplomat between the squad and the owner in the past. All he’s doing is playing his role and playing the diplomat. His comments about sticking together have surely got to be aimed at the crowd who haven’t mounted up to much this season.

I’m not going to start hating him for these comments at all.

The thing about Ashley is that face to face or over the phone he can seem like a reasonable guy, it’s only later when he stabs you in the back. That hasn’t happened to Lascelles yet.

There's a mighty big difference between slagging the owner off and outright becoming one of his lackies at the sight of a few extra grand or a transfer promise.

My earlier thoughts.

Rafa is a diplomat. Lascelles is a sell out. Those sort of comments would be rightly derided if they came from a former player. What are the chances such 'diplomacy' is planned in advance on the day he signs this new contract? It's so transparent its unreal, man.