Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Thousands of people have been going out of their way to try and make a change at the "club", and he comes out with "Mike's a nice guy", what did you expect?

I don't disagree with any of Rafa's comments there, but at some point you've got to be accountable. He's not that young, and he's the captain of the side. He doesn't need to say anything positive or negative, but coming out and supporting Mike was always going to go down like a shit sandwich.

Fuck him. I wouldn't boo him or anything to that effect, but he's just gone from a hopeful figure to another faceless patsy. He's DEAD TO ME.

Pretty much exactly how I saw it, the reaction of people has been way way over the top.

It is one hell of a U turn though on his previous comments about Ashley not backing the manager and being tight with player bonuses.  All of a sudden he throws an extra 20k his way and he's now a nice man.

Maybe the reaction has gone a bit over the top but you can see why he's rubbed people up the wrong way.

Pretty much exactly how I saw it, the reaction of people has been way way over the top.

It is one hell of a U turn though on his previous comments about Ashley not backing the manager and being tight with player bonuses.  All of a sudden he throws an extra 20k his way and he's now a nice man.

Maybe the reaction has gone a bit over the top but you can see why he's rubbed people up the wrong way.

Maybe it has gone a little over the top, but when you throw jet engine fuel on an open flame, don't expect it go out.

I am absolutely livid that an employee won't bad mouth his employer, absolutely disgusted in fact.

Well done for catastrophically missing the point. There's a ocean of room to manoeuvre between bad mouthing someone and singing their praises while telling the fans THEY need to unify.

Well he's right about that bit!

Thousands of people have been going out of their way to try and make a change at the "club", and he comes out with "Mike's a nice guy", what did you expect?

I don't disagree with any of Rafa's comments there, but at some point you've got to be accountable. He's not that young, and he's the captain of the side. He doesn't need to say anything positive or negative, but coming out and supporting Mike was always going to go down like a shit sandwich.

Fuck him. I wouldn't boo him or anything to that effect, but he's just gone from a hopeful figure to another faceless patsy. He's DEAD TO ME.

Anyone taking bets on some numpties actually booing him next home game? I can see it happening. I mean, we have people booing Rafa's subs, but let Ashley sit there laughing at them.

It was a misguided thing to say for sure.

The reaction has been totally over the top though, his obvious lack of thinking power was evident during that interview on Total Sport yesterday.

Like someone said in a previous post, if he spends his evenings playing Fortnite with Jonjo Shelvey, how on earth is he going to know what the current mood is.

If he didn’t know he fucked up, he sure does now.

So what next, boo him? Hound him out of the club? Deter other young players from signing in the future?

We have the worst owner in the whole league, one of the best managers and supposedly the best fans... we should be better than this.

He's also assumed responsibility as a leader and spokesperson before, including speaking out against Ashley's lack of support.

To change his tune like that after a completely unnecessary contract extension (and presumably pay rise) absolutely stinks.

If he was just a young player having met the owner once then fine, but he isn't.

Guest firetotheworks

and that, Jamaal, is how you respond diplomatically, without rimming or slagging off your boss and/or the fans. 

Guest reefatoon

The reaction has been totally over the top though, his obvious lack of thinking power was evident during that interview on Total Sport yesterday.

Like someone said in a previous post, if he spends his evenings playing Fortnite with Jonjo Shelvey, how on earth is he going to know what the current mood is.

So what next, boo him? Hound him out of the club? Deter other young players from signing in the future?

We have the worst owner in the whole league, one of the best managers and supposedly the best fans... we should be better than this.

Aye, pipe down everyone. Pants down, bend over, take the usual stance and insert fist here. Don't dare make a fuss.

Lascelles loyalty is to Rafa and that's what his comments are relating to RE fans getting behind the team and supporting them in the stadium. Like Rafa, it's in their interests to win games and further their own careers be it with us or someone else.

The Ashley nice guy stuff is a bit annoying but as others have said, that was Keegan's first impression as well. It's clearly naïve to say that though given the 11 years of austerity & wider shit with Sports Direct. 

:lol: what? so he plays a video game at home for a couple of hours means he has no idea what's going on? He literally was at the meal where the protestors were. He also said HIMSELF Ashley should be giving Rafa money prior to this.

:thup: He's not a teenager who's just broken in to the squad. He's a 24 year old now in his third season as captain, who has happily ripped his teammates to shreds previously, spoken out against the owner's running of the club and lead players in to battle against said owner for their bonuses.

And now we're supposed to believe he's just a naive upstart who has no idea what our fans think? I won't ever be able to see it like that.

Lascelles loyalty is to Rafa and that's what his comments are relating to RE fans getting behind the team and supporting them in the stadium. Like Rafa, it's in their interests to win games and further their own careers be it with us or someone else.

The Ashley nice guy stuff is a bit annoying but as others have said, that was Keegan's first impression as well. It's clearly naïve to say that though given the 11 years of austerity & wider s*** with Sports Direct.

Pretty much.

:lol: what? so he plays a video game at home for a couple of hours means he has no idea what's going on? He literally was at the meal where the protestors were. He also said HIMSELF Ashley should be giving Rafa money prior to this.

:thup: He's not a teenager who's just broken in to the squad. He's a 24 year old now in his third season as captain, who has happily ripped his teammates to shreds previously, spoken out against the owner's running of the club and lead players in to battle against said owner for their bonuses.

And now we're supposed to believe he's just a naive upstart who has no idea what our fans think? I won't ever be able to see it like that.

👍

Can’t believe people are making excuses for him and trying to “see his point of view”.  The cunt knew exactly what he was doing.

I don't disagree with any of Rafa's comments there, but at some point you've got to be accountable. He's not that young, and he's the captain of the side. He doesn't need to say anything positive or negative, but coming out and supporting Mike was always going to go down like a s*** sandwich.

f*** him. I wouldn't boo him or anything to that effect, but he's just gone from a hopeful figure to another faceless patsy. He's DEAD TO ME.

:thup:

There's a good reason people are considering a boycott, it doesn't take a genius to work out. At best his comments were laughably ill-judged.

Guest Howaythetoon

The reaction isn’t over the top, he is our captain and knows exactly how we feel and why we protest. He’s not ignorant. Again he didn’t have to say anything about protests or the owner, the fact he has can only mean it was a condition of his new deal and as such he has shown he is just another puppet and Ashley his master.

The most hurtful thing about his comments is the insinuation that protests are having or will have a negative impact on things and that fans need to support the players and team.

Fans have never wavered in their support and if anything have been over supportive and he should know that because he has benefitted more than most.

Fans are the positive to Ashley’s negative and for us it’s been 11 years of hell which the likes of Lascelles can switch off from with their motion pound contracts and ability to leave if they aren’t happy.

We can’t and not even him and his team-mates or the brilliant Rafa can take away that feeling of anger, hurt and negativity with wins or performances because of Ashley. We couldn’t even enjoy promotion and finishing 10th. We can’t even enjoy Rafa.

But hey, as long as you enjoyed your pizza and chat with mr nice guy Ashley...

Oh, and when the worldwide image of NUFC fans (rightly or wrongly) is that it's amazing we always turn up in such numbers despite never winning anything, surely it's pretty fucking obvious that something has to be seriously wrong for a boycott to be in the offing. This hasn't been organised to argue against the price of the pies for fuck's sake. Spectacularly thick.

Guest firetotheworks

As wormy said, he was quite clearly clued up about what's going on at the club, specifically talking about player bonuses, Rafa getting a new contract, funds to spend, and was involved with leading the players to strike against Sky interviews until the bonuses were sorted.

Suddenly he didn't know there's an issue with Rafa's contract and despite being here for 4 years, his wealth of knowledge on Ashley extends to meeting him in a restaurant once and declaring him a nice guy. Makes sense tbf. In other news, my date of birth is 01/11/18

So he signs a 6 year contract and suddenly comes out with that shite?

I don't expect him to commit career suicide and side with the fans publicly, but if he had half a brain cell he must of known those comments would do him no favours at the very least. It wouldn't surprise me if hes been asked to come out and say that mind, while the 6 year contract carrot was being dangled.