The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

He's the 2nd best player ever at worst? ???

If he can be debated as the best ever, and he can be, he's not dropping past 2nd.

Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players to ever play this game. The likes of Cruyff, Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Best, etc. are fighting it out for #3.

Nobody really puts Ronaldo in the best ever conversation. He's an utterly outstanding footballer but I think a lot of older people would laugh at putting him ahead of Pele and Maradona

If he can be debated as the best ever, and he can be, he's not dropping past 2nd.

Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players to ever play this game. The likes of Cruyff, Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Best, etc. are fighting it out for #3.

Nonsense.

Nobody really puts Ronaldo in the best ever conversation. He's an utterly outstanding footballer but I think a lot of older people would laugh at putting him ahead of Pele and Maradona

With just cause.

I think it's pointless to put so much energy into debates comparing footballers from different eras, like. The modern athlete is far better refined. As are the boots worn, footballs used and protection given to players by officials. It's difficult to theorize how Pele and Maradona would have faired or vice versa.

I think it's pointless to put some much energy into debates comparing footballers from different eras, like. The modern athlete is far better refined. As are the boots worn, footballs used and protection given to players by officials. It's difficult to theorize how Pele and Maradona would have faired or vice versa.

Voice of reason.

I think it's pointless to put some much energy into debates comparing footballers from different eras, like. The modern athlete is far better refined. As are the boots worn, footballs used and protection given to players by officials. It's difficult to theorize how Pele and Maradona would have faired or vice versa.

Voice of reason.

Exactly. It's utterly pointless.

And it is daft when people say gleefully that Ronaldo isn't as good as Messi and dismiss him because of his comparative shortcomings.

You don't get the same people ecstatically putting down the likes of Zidane or Brazilian Ronaldo in comparison, but some people get a weird joy out of having a dig at Cristiano if he has a slightly worse season than Messi, arguably the greatest of all time. It's just a bit odd.

Guest firetotheworks

Voice of reason.

Exactly. It's utterly pointless.

I just enjoy discussing it, it's not meant to be a really serious debate in the same way that picking your all time Newcastle team isn't.

Hate football me

12987085_10154136715699914_8681879652641033002_n.jpg?oh=a68c6d132a1a550b46cf6710ffc2161d&oe=57BA20FF

I'm all for a bit of camaraderie and singing, etc. pre and post match, or a song battle if you like. However, halfy / half shirts like the above are just detestable. Get a scarf as a souvenir by all means but to walk around like a confused bisexual...ugh.

Hate football me

12987085_10154136715699914_8681879652641033002_n.jpg?oh=a68c6d132a1a550b46cf6710ffc2161d&oe=57BA20FF

I'm all for a bit of camaraderie and singing, etc. pre and post match, or a song battle if you like. However, halfy / half shirts like the above are just detestable. Get a scarf as a souvenir by all means but to walk around like a confused bisexual...ugh.

Even getting a scarf is stupid.

You'll never wear it again.

What's the point? You save the ticket and the memories in your head. That's enough.

Hate football me

Even getting a scarf is stupid.

You'll never wear it again.

What's the point? You save the ticket and the memories in your head. That's enough.

Fair enough, still nice to have something to remember it from. Only if you're the away fan like... :lol:

Voice of reason.

It is and remember, defenders were allowed to be a lot more physical back then . We don't see today's greats getting kicked lumps out of, and I guess that's a blessing in some ways. Though I miss a Claudio Gentile two footed slide through, or a Tommy Smith knee in the small of the back occasionally [emoji3]