Club Atlas 2-1 Newcastle United - FT

Yorkie

Anita and Colback are both s****. Really hope neither are in our starting XI when the season starts.

Yeah if that team starts on August whatever then we are in for a very long season.

So it looks like we're gonna compete with goals against again this season? I see the change in high pressure and whatnot, but when we suddenly have 5 players around 1 guy he can easily with a tad bit vision open up the defence with Willy and the newbie. He seems to be Bambi on ice doing the dance in defence, wtf is going on? I thought we had progressed...

Atlas just made top three teams I hate

Not trying to be sterotypical at all here but in the "soccer" league I used to play in the mexican and south american teams always seemed to play like that, lots of dirty play in general for the level of football it was a bit ridiculous.

It means nowt obviously.

Id prefer we didnt try Gouffran on the wing. No problem with the result, defence looked dodgy, we looked light upfront & created little from the wing. Oddly similar to what everyone wants in transfers.

So it looks like we're gonna compete with goals against again this season? I see the change in high pressure and whatnot, but when we suddenly have 5 players around 1 guy he can easily with a tad bit vision open up the defence with Willy and the newbie. He seems to be Bambi on ice doing the dance in defence, wtf is going on? I thought we had progressed...

There were some encouraging signs out there tonight, against a team that really was up for it but very limited, we dominated possession that's a good sign. Early days though, too early to read anything into the game. Clearly though we need some upgrades.

Williamson continues to be a liability. Colback and Anita as a midfield 2 are not good. Wijnaldum will massively improve that position, thankfully.

Hopefully this alleged friendly helped to make McClaren's case about the need for more quality. We're still not a very good side at all.

A fit Aarons will have as much of an impact as any new signing we can make. He looks quality everytime he plays.

Aarons, De Jong looked bright. Agree about Anita and Colback - fucking worthless and looked lost, couldn't pass or tackle.

Always encouraging watching Aarons, but he also needs to be fit - if he can pull off dat coup we'll have a brighter Sterling on our hands. Too bad he's all about that last pass instead of shooting himself.

What I saw from SDJ in the second half was deffo not good enough, albeit that can have something to do with the movement. Gouffran had another useless match on the wing, def not the place for him to be. I think it's time for him to move back to L1 actually.

But overall, agree with Kanji, bring in another team :p