Club Atlas 2-1 Newcastle United - FT

Yorkie

De Jong will be a star in the Premier League if he can stay fit, no question.

I'm not sure what you are all seeing, yes he's had a few good touches, but he's also given the ball away a lot too. He's pretty slow in movement. Having said all that, this is no game to judge him on, the opposition is not world class and he like the rest of the squad are in the early stages of their fitness program.

t's nice to see him get some game time and their has been signs of class their for sure, just not the scintillating performance you lot are making out from him.

I never said he was having a scintillating game. He's been the pick of the bunch, although that's not really saying much after that utter shower.

The guy's movement, ball retention and awareness is absolutely light years ahead of any of the other shuffling divvies we have in the midfield, and I think that's really not too difficult to spot.

That second goal from them was a class finish. Never mind, our new manager bounce wasn't going to last forever.

[emoji38]

this is where we tell ourselves:

pre-season counts for nothing

mclaren has had hardly any time

it'll take ages to reverse the pardew effect

new signings will change everything

and so on...

october 15th: :okay:

Some of that is very true, it really is not the time to panic yet.

No of course not, but having a shit pre season is usually the starting point for our own version of the mackem boom/bust cycle [emoji38]

Williamson has been passing it more along the floor rather than launching it, reckon he was bollocked about it at half time

He's still booting it long in most situations, really need him replaced not just from a defensive POV but also from our gameplan in getting on the ball more.

Williamson has been passing it more along the floor rather than launching it, reckon he was bollocked about it at half time

He's still booting it long in most situations, really need him replaced not just from a defensive POV but also from our gameplan in getting on the ball more.

Tuned in at half time and I wasn't surprised in the slightest that his shite positioning caused us to concede, again.

Has barely kicked it long in the second half BUT aye he is rubbish and needs replacing regardless of what instructions have been given to him