Portland Timbers 4 - 3 Newcastle United (Game link in OP)

Nobody

You crazy b******, we will probably score a consolation goal.

I know it's only pre-season and the results really don't matter but in our 3 preseason games against very weak opposition we've scored just one goal from open play. We needed a penalty to beat Gateshead and a superb own goal to beat the might of Sacramento. We've not created nearly enough chances in the two games I've seen. We've been ok at retaining possession but we've lack that creativity to create a decent amount of chances. When we have created our finishing has been poor.

What we need to see tonight is turning that possession dominance we've had into goals. I think in an ideal world you want to see your preseason games get gradually better, until the final game where the level should be similar to what to expect first game of the season. I thought despite the result we looked ok against Atlas, but took a downward turn in the last game even though we won it.

Please tell me that's not the camera angle for the whole game :lol:

Never mind that why is there ppl holding different cutting instruments round the border!about a 5 yr old holding an axe in one of them!hopefully waiting for gouffran