Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Playing away at Chelsea it might be an idea not to set up a wide open as a nun's knickers. We did the complete opposite of keeping tight for the first 20 minutes.

Utterly daft tactics from the manager, the players need to be blamed as well mind. There's no excuse for being unable to do the basics, and Shelvey was right up there not be able to pass it 5 yards.

What we need is some nutcase leader who rants and screams until people actually listen. We have none of that, our lot barely even talk to each other. No wonder Shelvey is p*ssed off.

I said it in the match thread the other day, people have a go at his pointing. Half the time he's just telling the lad on the ball whos available to pass to based on what he can see, hows that being a dick? Its a bit controlling like, but they dont have to listen to him & ultimately he's attempting to help.

Him, Townsend & Sissoko are the least for our issues for me. Thats a very good combination of great passing ability & fast runners on the wings. We should be focusing elsewhere.

Eh? His passing was completely fine.

Except that 5 yard pass he just plopped up for them that they nearly scored from, he was just poor as everyone else in a poor team performance. I do like him though, at the moment he's just part of our general crapness away from home.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll leave this one to Hans, as I'm in complete agreement and haven't a clue why anyone's singling out Shelvey from that performance when to me he was probably the only player who could hold their head up high.

I'll leave this one to Hans, as I'm in complete agreement and haven't a clue why anyone's singling out Shelvey from that performance when to me he was probably the only player who could hold their head up high.

I would say most of his passes were ineffectual in the Chelsea game, i don't blame him for that though it was the way the team was set up. But the one where he gave it away just in front of our back 4 was utterly rancid. If Aarons is going get stick for that kind of thing then so should Shelvey. It's a thing we've had for a while now, real lazy passing, Sissoko another who excels at it. Lazy passing, lazy flicks, it runs through the whole side.

You can have 99% accuracy but if you give a pass up to concede, well not good is it. Like i say i think he'll be mint, but he's not being helped by the way we're playing away.

Also teams aren't going to sit there like W.B.A and West Ham did and let him dicate play with acres of space as we've seen away from home. And that's where McClaren and his limitations come in and kills us. The manager has no idea what to do.

I wouldn't blame Aarons tbh, he's not a LB. Maybe I took your post the wrong way, I assumed you were talking about not being able to pass 5 yards in general as I've read a load of that since the match. I thought he was our best player on the whole.

I should have been clearer Hans my bad, it's a team thing really i'm getting at. In general we have far too many lazy/poor short passes or flicks. He was responsible for one that nearly cost a goall, I was just pointing that out as part of an overall thing.

It's something that drives me nuts, i'd say Sissoko is the worst, some of his 5 to 10 yards passes inside as he goes forward...... :rant:

Townsend would be the only one who could be happy with their performance for me.

As someone else had suggested before. Maybe have Tiote and Saviet along side him, with him pushing ahead slightly. Might give him the time he needs on the ball.

Elliot

Jan      Taylor    Colo    Fuck knows

Tiote        Shelvey      Saviet

Winny\Perez    Townsend

Mitro\U Ben

I'd be even tempted to swap Winny and Townsends position, as his goal vs Chelsea suggested he can be quite effective there.

As someone else had suggested before. Maybe have Tiote and Saviet along side him, with him pushing ahead slightly. Might give him the time he needs on the ball.

Elliot

Sissoko    Winny\Perez    Townsend

Mitro\U Ben

I'd be even tempted to swap Winny and Townsends position, as his goal vs Chelsea suggested he can be quite effective there.

Is that 12 players there ?...crafty.

Elliot

Mitro\U Ben

Oh shit. :lol:

Forgot to drop Sissoko

Elliot

Mitro\U Ben

Oh shit. :lol:

Forgot to drop Sissoko

:lol: