Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

That long pass to Mitrovic was gorgeous but apart from that his contribution was minimal. He's our best midfielder by a long long distance, and I feel that he understands the game. He's the kind of player you build a team around, but not with that mentality. He needs to channel his frustration in the right way. I'm all for him completely dictating our team's play, and for everything to go through him, but he must remain focused at all times as that's what top players do.

I didn't watch all of last night but, if we're going to sign a player for whom passing is their greatest strength you do need the other half of that to be functioning. He does NEED people to pass to. The movement was so bad yesterday and Everton had been tactically set up well to reduce our options. We didn't look like we had had any discussions on how to deal with this. Very, very poor preparation from us.

Couldn't agree more.  No plan b if there was even a plan a

Did a good job of pushing high up when Everton were in possession, letting his man go past him them pointing at the invisible man to pick him up instead.

Can see why Swansea didn't want him for a relegation scrap.

I didn't watch all of last night but, if we're going to sign a player for whom passing is their greatest strength you do need the other half of that to be functioning. He does NEED people to pass to. The movement was so bad yesterday and Everton had been tactically set up well to reduce our options. We didn't look like we had had any discussions on how to deal with this. Very, very poor preparation from us.

We only had 10 days to prepare though. Give them a break.

Seems like a bit of a homer (like Wijnaldum) at the minute. If only we could get it all to click away from home.

Think it's more the mentality that McLaren gets the whole team to go with away from home. Like night and day.

So we all know he can pass the ball well in games where he is given the freedom of the pitch, but we need him to be able to compete with the best midfields in the league home and away.

I really like him. Great passer, always wants to be involved.

I think having an in form Tiote is a big help, because he can be a proper enforcer and isn't going to get overrun like Colback and Anita might. That allows Jonjo to concentrate on his own game and express himself.

Great today. His passing is great but sometimes needs to play the easy ball rather than trying to thread the needle every time. He's pretty good at it and its great to watch, but a couple of times a simple ball that he either missed or ignored would have been a better option.

Although of course if he got it right every time then he wouldn't be playing for us.