Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

The difference in him compared to others on Saturday was very obvious, IMO. He wanted the ball, tried to take players on, made tackles, passed the ball forwards (quickly) and always tried to be positive. Wijanldum and Sissoko were patently hiding at various points in the match, Bournemouth were quite physical and pressed in numbers and they both wilted.

The fighting thing might be a cliché but it's not wrong. You do need it in this league when you're so deficient of quality in other areas. It was the most captain-like performance I've seen from one of our lot in years, and he was hardly spectacular :lol:

Got pointed to Sunderlands site where there was a thread on relegation and Swansea mentioned.

I looked at other threads and found this in another thread (Shelvey & Andy Carroll) 

"I was in the diamond ponteland Sunday night, and these two were in getting absolutely hammered. Cue the responses of "they're allowed a life" but they were necking pint after pint and dancing to a karaoke... Also just noticed the mags had a day off training yesterday so it epitomises Shelveys attitude going out getting smashed when they're in a dire situation"

Hope that's not true. can't recall any mention of him getting drunk between games when he was with us.

Got pointed to Sunderlands site where there was a thread on relegation and Swansea mentioned.

I looked at other threads and found this in another thread (Shelvey & Andy Carroll) 

"I was in the diamond ponteland Sunday night, and these two were in getting absolutely hammered. Cue the responses of "they're allowed a life" but they were necking pint after pint and dancing to a karaoke... Also just noticed the mags had a day off training yesterday so it epitomises Shelveys attitude going out getting smashed when they're in a dire situation"

Hope that's not true. can't recall any mention of him getting drunk between games when he was with us.

:lol:

Mag in a bar is a classic one - they make shite up all the time.

Shelvey was in Tup Tup on Saturday apparently

Never understood the fascination with that place.

There was no fascination with that place until our former manager went there. In 12 months time no one will even care they got relegated.

Playing him as a number 10 would negate the best part of his game, his long passing and put him in a position where he'll be under pressure from the opposition constantly. Doesn't make any sense to me

Have to agree with Triggs. Number ten is too far forward for Shelvey. His passing range is best just inside the opposition half to release quick at any range. Our two biggest problems with using Shelvey so far is not giving him options as soon as he has the ball at his feet and the other is expecting him to sit deep and defend.

Some of the passes he's stuck down the middle and down the right have been awesome. I'm sure we would have seen more down the left if there was ever a competent option there.

Please play this guy in the number 10 position. Saivet and Sissoko central midfield.

Agree with Triggs but I think away from home we need to play a three with Saivet and say Tiote behind Shelvey and drop Wijnaldum. Said this weeks ago mind. Get a bit more solid in midfield, compete and protect the defence using Shelveys passing range to get Sissoko and whoever else on the break.

Apparently he's on FFC with Max Rushden and Merson tomorrow. They film it today normally, Merson is a regular in my wife's betting shop so I've asked her to ask him to ask Shelvey what in the actual fuck everyone is playing at right now. Anyone else got anything they'd like to ask? What sort of moisturiser he uses on his bonce maybe? Is he regretting his decision already? That sort of stuff.

Apparently he's on FFC with Max Rushden and Merson tomorrow. They film it today normally, Merson is a regular in my wife's betting shop so I've asked her to ask him to ask Shelvey what in the actual fuck everyone is playing at right now. Anyone else got anything they'd like to ask? What sort of moisturiser he uses on his bonce maybe? Is he regretting his decision already? That sort of stuff.

I thought Merson was a member of Gamblers Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous and didn't drink or gamble anymore?